Does Matt Ryan win a Super Bowl before the end of his career?

Championshiporbust

I think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl, he just is going to need a little more help than say a Mahomes or "insert name" would

With him being 35 I would say he has a 3 year window? I don't watch a ton of Falcons game so I could be wrong but if they can get defense fixed, have a majority of their starters stay healthy, and Ryan doesn't fall off a cliff then its certainly possible.....just not sure if they have everything in place yet to make a final run with him

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Same could be said Matthew Stafford. He's only 31. If he averages just 4000k yards and 25 touchdowns a season for the next 5 years he'll be right there too.

fair or not, staffords career record is below .500, ryans is well above. And stafford hasnt had the elite seasons ryans had. both those play a part.

28 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Well yeah, but I don't know how that exactly changes the point.  

because rivers is/was a really, really good qb. If youre a better version of him, you should prob be in the hof. Heck, rivers is a fringe hof guy himself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I agree the issues on that drive weren't Matt's fault, but at some point, as the QB he's got to look at how we were aligned (on the Hightower sack - blatant telegraphed pressure from the right) and change that play. It was a deep throw (and actually the receiver came open but good play call at the wrong time), but he should have changed it to a run to the left, up middle, quick pass behind the blitz or something like that.

Original fault is with Shan, fault is also with the terrible blocking, but Matt could have mitigated all that with an audible, I say.

I can't say for sure if it happened on that play or not but Ryan and a few other people came out and said Shanny was deliberately sending in plays late so you wouldn't have time to change them coming out of the pocket.  Ryan for all his faults has never once been known to be a liar so if he said Shanny was doing that i believe him.   I also see Shanny being the type of guy to do something like that because of how much of a control freak he is known to be.  He is a genius i give him that but he can be his on detriment alot of the time.

This is a direct quote from Ryan on the Superbowl 4th quarter play calling.

Looking back, Ryan pointed to the cadence of Shanahan's calls as one of the big reasons for the Falcons' collapse. 

"Kyle's play calls -- he would take time to get stuff in. As I was getting it, you're looking at the clock and you're talking 16 seconds before it cuts out. You don't have a lot of time to say, 'There's 16 seconds, no, no, no, we're not going to do that. Hey, guys, we're going to line up and run this.' You're talking about breaking the huddle at seven seconds if you do something along the lines.

With the way Kyle's system was set up, he took more time to call plays and we shift and motion a lot more than we did with (former coordinator) Dirk (Koetter). You couldn't get out of stuff like that. We talk about being the most aggressive team in football. And I'm all for it. But there's also winning time. You're not being aggressive not running it there." 

Edited by FalconFan13

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

because rivers is/was a really, really good qb. If youre a better version of him, you should prob be in the hof. Heck, rivers is a fringe hof guy himself.

Choked like hell in the postseason though, so I still don't know what your point is.  

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

Or, Devonta could have listened to the protection call Mack was screaming before the play.

I portioned blame to Freeman, yeah, but my point still remains. That play should have been killed at the LOS. A run play far the better option.

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I can't say for sure if it happened on that play or not but Ryan and a few other people came out and said Shanny was deliberately sending in plays late so you wouldn't have time to change them coming out of the pocket.  Ryan for all his faults has never once been known to be a liar so if he said Shanny was doing that i believe him.   I also see Shanny being the type of guy to do something like that because of how much of a control freak he is known to be.  He is a genius i give him that but he can be his on detriment alot of the time.

This is a direct quote from Ryan on the Superbowl 4th quarter play calling.

Looking back, Ryan pointed to the cadence of Shanahan's calls as one of the big reasons for the Falcons' collapse. 

"Kyle's play calls -- he would take time to get stuff in. As I was getting it, you're looking at the clock and you're talking 16 seconds before it cuts out. You don't have a lot of time to say, 'There's 16 seconds, no, no, no, we're not going to do that. Hey, guys, we're going to line up and run this.' You're talking about breaking the huddle at seven seconds if you do something along the lines.

With the way Kyle's system was set up, he took more time to call plays and we shift and motion a lot more than we did with (former coordinator) Dirk (Koetter). You couldn't get out of stuff like that. We talk about being the most aggressive team in football. And I'm all for it. But there's also winning time. You're not being aggressive not running it there." 

OK well if that's all true, and MR had no time to call anything at LOS then it's complete malpractice from Shan. Got to play what's in front of you in situations like that.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

OK well if that's all true, and MR had no time to call anything at LOS then it's complete malpractice from Shan. Got to play what's in front of you in situations like that.

I tend to believe Ryan on this because as much as alot of us hate it he is the ultimate yes man and coach follower lol.  Even if coach's are doing trash things he sticks by them and stands up for them he never throws anyone under the bus.  So the fact he did this shows just how upset he really was about it and honestly i can't blame him at all for it.  That game could have and might have completely changed his legacy.   

Whats even dumber is it looks like Shanny made the same exact mistakes last year with the 49ers.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Definitely have to be flexible and adapt to the situation. 

But on the other hand, it worked...pretty much the whole season. Got the guy an MVP and a trip to the SB. Hell, a massive lead in the SB. It’s hard to ride that wave all season to the pinnacle and then put blame on the one quarter and a half where it didn’t fly. Not to say Kyle doesn’t deserve blame, he does, but he’s just a piece in that whole puzzle. 

On 7/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, VanS said:

Eli, Stafford, and Rivers aren't Hall of Famers.  Flacco has zero case so I don't know why you mentioned him.  Big Ben is a borderline case.

Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are the only locks on that list. 

Ben and likely Eli are absolutely locks.  They arent on the level of Brady, Rodgers and Brees, but their career accomplishments, both individual and team, will get them in eventually. 

Edited by FourThreeMafia

7 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

wait, are you saying ryan chokes in the playoffs? Its already been addressed, but this is just stupid.

Dont even bother with him.  Just go huff glue and lose brain cells the fun way.