Titans closing in on deal with RB Derrick Henry

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Probably cut in 2-3 years 

Smart move regardless.

He's the heart and soul of that team and gives them an identity. Generally don't agree with paying RBs but he's a different breed and given their window he's instrumental in the short term.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Smart move regardless.

He's the heart and soul of that team and gives them an identity. Generally don't agree with paying RBs but he's a different breed and given their window he's instrumental in the short term.

Oh I agree he was the offense but might bite them I'm the butt down the road.

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh I agree he was the offense but might bite them I'm the butt down the road.

Definitely could, but given their situation with just paying Tannehill I don't see any other option really.

Just front load it if possible so they can cut ties in a couple years with little issue.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Will be really interesting to see what type of money he's going to get.

It will.  Given that he doesn't provide much in the passing game, realistically his value should not be anywhere close to a guy like CMC (probably closer to half that).  But i have a feeling he's going to get a deal that's closer to CMC than Melvin Gordon.

Do it! Do it!

I'm sure Robinson will likely have an out after 2-3 years, and while anything can happen, Henry has really put it together recently and should continue to drive our offense. He's been a consummate professional during this entire negotiation, goes about handling his business without threat of sitting out, disrupting the locker room. A real leader and someone who leads by his actions and not his words. After the situation with Casey, I'm glad we are doing right by Henry and rewarding him.