Titans, Derrick Henry nearing long-term deal

titans0021

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

26.5 million guaranteed. Two tags would’ve been about 23 million guaranteed.

I really wouldn't want a less-than-inspired Henry for a only a few million difference. In the grand scheme, of course.

Btw, does this effect our cap space much? 

1 minute ago, TitanTuff said:

I really wouldn't want a less-than-inspired Henry for a only a few million difference. In the grand scheme, of course.

Btw, does this effect our cap space much? 

No word on structure yet, but I’d guess we’d probably save a couple million vs the tag in 2020.

• Like 1

I’m happy to have the face of the franchise back in two tone. I was scared we were going to give him a massive deal closer to McCaffrey and Elliott.

And while I wasn’t necessarily for giving him a big longterm deal, I do think it’s easier said that we could replace Henry’s productivity than actually done.

I remember hearing from someone other than the Guy that knows someone that knows someone that works for CAA. And the number for Henry was $20 million. He thought it was $20 mil per year, which of course was crazy stupid wrong.

I assume it was $20 mil was the starting offer from the Titans for guarantee money. 

Well we paid Tanny and Henry. 
Everyone wins.

Now will we get to have a season?  lol