đź““ Death Note Mafia - Game over - Civs win!!

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ryuk  pwny

You are Light's Shinigami. Only he can see you. You're pretty indifferent to everything. Humans are fascinating and you can't help but watch. You discover everyone's true name and lifespan simply by looking at them.  If Light asks you to take his Death Note, you know exactly who you'd take it to.

-Your vote doesn't actually count.

-You can't be lynched. You cannot announce this in thread. You cannot reveal this to Light.

-If Light dies while you are his Shinigami, you will take the Death Note and leave the game; essentially dying. 

-You will know the name of anyone who visits Light at night. But you're not compelled to reveal it to him.

-If Light asks, you will gladly take the Death Note to someone new. Light will forget everything and you will have a new human to observe. 

-The new person will not know how to relinquish ownership. And likely wouldn't want to. You wouldn't be compelled to tell them how either. If they die, you will take the Death Note and leave the game; essentially dying.

I am not sure what pwny was to do with this role.  if the person holding the death note dies while in possession, he exits the game.  he has no real power and his vote does not count.  He is essentially a figure in the game without a real ability or purpose.  he can't be lynched, but he never posted enough to really draw out that as a usable ability.   

Would have been better if he had played the angle of having the deathnote vs PML, but it seemed like he was not really interested in participating much anyway.  

I am not sure what PML got for info upon receiving the death note.   He might have been vague, because he had no further clarifying info to be anything but vague.  

Maybe @bucsfan333 can share what the PM that PML got once he got the death note that would shed some light on that.  

I told PML he found a Death Note and pwn appeared before him. And that he could write a name in it and that person would die.

It was then up to pwn to decide how much or how little info he shared.

The Shinigami were facilitators. They couldn't die or do much except count toward the ratio and help Light/Misa. And as we saw with Whicker, they could survive as long as a living person had their Death Note.

I think the roles were probably better with a fifth mafia. Could've potentially had both Shinigami leave Light and Misa and join Teru and Mello.

And PML and pwn didn't lie about waiting for info from me. Whicker and Naz asked all their questions when they got their roles, so they could lie and tell half truths immediately. The other two did have to wait for me to answer questions because they didn't ask any until they were confronted.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I told PML he found a Death Note and pwn appeared before him. And that he could write a name in it and that person would die.

It was then up to pwn to decide how much or how little info he shared.

The Shinigami were facilitators. They couldn't die or do much except count toward the ratio and help Light/Misa. And as we saw with Whicker, they could survive as long as a living person had their Death Note.

I think the roles were probably better with a fifth mafia. Could've potentially had both Shinigami leave Light and Misa and join Teru and Mello.

thanks for the clarification.  Makes sense that PML had little to no information on how or where he got it.  Apparent that pwny did not share with PML that he could give up the deathnote.  

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And PML and pwn didn't lie about waiting for info from me. Whicker and Naz asked all their questions when they got their roles, so they could lie and tell half truths immediately. The other two did have to wait for me to answer questions because they didn't ask any until they were confronted.

Feels about right as pwny did not post in our PM with you until 853PM on Monday, which was after the N1 actions.  Posted a total of 5 times in the chat over the 2+ days

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I really got lucky on squire. I'm not sure what lead me to choose him. The whole Whicker/Naz thing, I wasn't buying at all. When I knew you two were linked, I figured I'd go for one and let the chips fall. Being able to trust Malf the whole game was great. :)

2/2 as vig isnt easy.

and hitting squire, one of the best players, is ballsy.

im confident in saying that without you as Near, we lose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

2/2 as vig isnt easy.

he hit town on N1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

buttering me already for the next game......

dam you are dripping with scum 

Edited by squire12
  • Like 2

Just now, Malfatron said:

2/2 as vig isnt easy.

but maybe not, because i caught naz and pml give himself up.

still though, you get mad civ special swag points

4 minutes ago, Daboyle said:

Knowing nothing about the theme, I thought Malf and Biggio were others as well, with all of us trying to kill each other and be the last one standing between the three.

knowing everything about the theme, i thought there was a chance you were gonna be an ***hole

but youre my brother :)

Edited by Malfatron

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

are we counting glem?

thats just to signal..."hey, friendly vig here"

just striving for accuracy in the vig count.   2/3 on hits.   Huge assist from you on finding Naz.   Thankfully I had the good sense to give up my deathnote and let pwny and PML piss things away for mafia.  

At least I took out 1 of the town power roles with my N1 hit