Draft Cutups

rackcs

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

@rackcs I am gonna pin this because I think it's perfect for this forum.  Also, I would encourage others who want to make their own cutups to post them here.  Racks, maybe you could redo the OP to have the cutups on one spot.

Sounds great, appreciate the pin. There was a public google doc database of most all available tape on youtube sorted by prospect but it's no longer being maintained due to issues within the cutup community. If someone with more knowledge/expertise on google sheets wanted to help me with setting it up I think that'd be a great way to keep track of everything.

Edited by rackcs

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Where is Glass projected to go?

Probably not at all or very late at the least. I just found a bunch of Alabama A&M games on youtube and was practicing. I do think he's got a lot of good tools though and could develop into a rosterable player. I don't know what his conference is doing as far as games next year but I could see him maybe rising to like a mid-round flier type of guy with a strong next season.

Keeping in mind that this is preseason predictions so he'll probably be like first overall by the draft.

Edited by rackcs

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Keeping in mind that this is preseason predictions so he'll probably be like first overall by the draft.

Nobody shoots up draft boards like QBs. But we’re also nearing peak QB saturation where all but a few teams have their longterm starters. 

On 7/15/2020 at 11:10 PM, rackcs said:

Well the big name is Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma. Was a likely first rounder if he'd declared in this last draft and will almost certainly be a first rounder in the upcoming draft. He's the only one I've scouted so far but he's really good, a big strong anchor at the center of the line. Guys on my watchlist:

Trey Hill, Georgia
Josh Myers, Ohio State
Alan Ali, SMU
Alec Lindstrom, Boston College
Jimmy Morrisey, Pittsburgh

Keep an eye on Brett Heggie out of Florida as a sleeper. Has had injury issues and played OG, but right now, he's expected to kick inside. Flashed at OG, but his body type fits better at Center.

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

This cut up shows...

Plays too high

Not very strong at the POA

Not explosive or quick 

Motor is cold

I would like to note that he was injured early on in the game but came back in, so that could be part of it. I did notice many of those same issues, especially where he'll sometimes get knocked off the line. I will say that there were also plenty of plays where he was on and he got good penetration. I'll try to do another one of him sometime in the near future, I have a couple more Pitt games downloaded to work with.

• Like 1

Dazz Newsome, UNC WR cutup

I don't look at box scores before choosing games to cut because I don't like using only big games but this one is fairly quiet. It was also a real ***** to cut. The camera crew for this game loved sweeping camera motions pre-snap and also coming in right as the play is starting. Next up will be Joe Tryon for @bcb1213 but it'll be a couple of days probably since I've got some other stuff going on.

Edited by rackcs

You have any of these guys?  Kylin Hill is a monster and a total do it all back, LeCounte has big time range at safety, Owusu-Koramoah is a speedy linebacker and I am not totally sold on Surtain Jr yet but he sure is talented and flashes at times.

Caden Sterns Texas JR S
Patrick Surtain Jr. Alabama JR CB
Kylin Hill Miss State SR RB
Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT
Richard LeCounte III Georgia SR S
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame SR OLB
Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S
Quincy Roche Miami FL SR DE
Asante Samuel Jr Florida State JR CB
Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State SR S
Derion Kendrick Clemson JR CB
KJ Britt Auburn SR ILB
DJ Daniel Georgia SR CB
Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS SR S
Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT
Abraham Lucas Washington State RS JR OT
Noah Taylor Virginia JR OLB
Kary Vincent Jr LSU SR S/CB
Elijah Molden Washington SR S

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You have any of these guys?  Kylin Hill is a monster and a total do it all back, LeCounte has big time range at safety, Owusu-Koramoah is a speedy linebacker and I am not totally sold on Surtain Jr yet but he sure is talented and flashes at times.

Caden Sterns Texas JR S
Patrick Surtain Jr. Alabama JR CB
Kylin Hill Miss State SR RB
Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT
Richard LeCounte III Georgia SR S
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame SR OLB
Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S
Quincy Roche Miami FL SR DE
Asante Samuel Jr Florida State JR CB
Hamsah Nasirildeen Florida State SR S
Derion Kendrick Clemson JR CB
KJ Britt Auburn SR ILB
DJ Daniel Georgia SR CB
Greg Eisworth Iowa State RS SR S
Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT
Abraham Lucas Washington State RS JR OT
Noah Taylor Virginia JR OLB
Kary Vincent Jr LSU SR S/CB
Elijah Molden Washington SR S

I haven't done cutups for any of these guys but almost all of them are on my list. Many of them also already have cutups on youtube. The easiest way to find cutups for players is to search "(Player X) vs" so just type in Kylin Hill vs and you'll get cutups for Hill. For OLs, generally you just search "(Team Name) OL vs" and you'll get cutups for that OL. 

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I haven't done cutups for any of these guys but almost all of them are on my list. Many of them also already have cutups on youtube. The easiest way to find cutups for players is to search "(Player X) vs" so just type in Kylin Hill vs and you'll get cutups for Hill. For OLs, generally you just search "(Team Name) OL vs" and you'll get cutups for that OL. 

I am aware of how to get video clips on youtube of players.  Just curious if you have any of these guys.  Mind you cutups of every play are great but more important than that is cutups of players in the action or getting targeted either doing something or not doing something when the ball is around.  Sure OL and DL is a constant as long as they are on the field,  but a WR clip of a WR not getting the ball and not even being ran behind shows some things but not a ton.  Shows how they block and the effort they give but they cannot legally block all the time and sometimes just run out to run out and clear the way.  Like the Terry clip up against Miami, was rarely targeted at all in the game and got few if any chances, just think what he could be if his QBs did not suck and yet he is still wildly productive despite the lack of talent around him.  

But yeah the clip game is hard to get attention but you have quality videos for sure.