Jump to content
rackcs

Draft Cutups

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ozzy said:

I am aware of how to get video clips on youtube of players.  Just curious if you have any of these guys.  Mind you cutups of every play are great but more important than that is cutups of players in the action or getting targeted either doing something or not doing something when the ball is around.  Sure OL and DL is a constant as long as they are on the field,  but a WR clip of a WR not getting the ball and not even being ran behind shows some things but not a ton.  Shows how they block and the effort they give but they cannot legally block all the time and sometimes just run out to run out and clear the way.  Like the Terry clip up against Miami, was rarely targeted at all in the game and got few if any chances, just think what he could be if his QBs did not suck and yet he is still wildly productive despite the lack of talent around him.  

But yeah the clip game is hard to get attention but you have quality videos for sure.

Wasn't sure, just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't. I personally choose to basically include any time a player is on the field even if nothing is happening and then let the viewer decide what they care or not care about. I figure better that way than to not include things people might want. I definitely understand what you're saying but I hope you see why I choose to do it the way I do it.

And thank you for the compliment. I have literally never edited anything before and while these cutups are relatively simple, it still took me some time to figure things out. I definitely feel like I'm getting better at it as I go too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Wasn't sure, just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't. I personally choose to basically include any time a player is on the field even if nothing is happening and then let the viewer decide what they care or not care about. I figure better that way than to not include things people might want. I definitely understand what you're saying but I hope you see why I choose to do it the way I do it.

And thank you for the compliment. I have literally never edited anything before and while these cutups are relatively simple, it still took me some time to figure things out. I definitely feel like I'm getting better at it as I go too.

As long as you have quality video recording cut ups are easier, I used to do it on old technology from the early 2000s and it was not super hard, tedious at times but not hard unless the quality of video sucks then it is just kind of a waste in the end.  And it is just cutting out the offense and or defense, not like editing comedy videos or something that is pretty difficult especially to make them funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

As long as you have quality video recording cut ups are easier, I used to do it on old technology from the early 2000s and it was not super hard, tedious at times but not hard unless the quality of video sucks then it is just kind of a waste in the end.  And it is just cutting out the offense and or defense, not like editing comedy videos or something that is pretty difficult especially to make them funny. 

Agreed. That is the hardest part to me is when the quality is poor (as it can be often) and it's hard to find the player you're looking for. And tedious is absolutely the word I'd use to describe the process lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, Counselor said:

This cut up shows...

Plays too high

Not very strong at the POA

Not explosive or quick 

Motor is cold

 

Still a first rounder IMO, though he took it in the face that game, I'm not going to be swayed by one game. Yes he needs to be stronger at POA, and be better at taking on double teams, he still is the best interior pass rusher in this class coming up. Also we don't know the hidden things that players deal with as injuries. Personally, I think he needs to put on 5-7lbs into his lower/upper body to take on the beating and be effective in the run game as he is in the passing game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Still a first rounder IMO, though he took it in the face that game, I'm not going to be swayed by one game. Yes he needs to be stronger at POA, and be better at taking on double teams, he still is the best interior pass rusher in this class coming up. Also we don't know the hidden things that players deal with as injuries. Personally, I think he needs to put on 5-7lbs into his lower/upper body to take on the beating and be effective in the run game as he is in the passing game 

I agree. I was just speaking about this one cut up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Waiting on a prayer 

Actually just started working on Joe Tryon's cutup earlier today, then I'll get to your two requests right after that. I'm hoping to get Tryon and Aidan Hutchinson both done tonight but I might not finish Hutchinson till tomorrow.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little later than anticipated but here you go @bcb1213, Joe Tryon vs Boise State. Didn't rack up the stats but I think showed off some very good traits. High motor, very strong. Liked his game quite a bit.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Counselor I really enjoyed cutting this one up because I got to see my boy Madubuike just wreck **** consistently throughout the game.

Request queue is now empty. If anyone wants a cutup for someone, now is a good time.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

@Counselor I really enjoyed cutting this one up because I got to see my boy Madubuike just wreck **** consistently throughout the game.

Request queue is now empty. If anyone wants a cutup for someone, now is a good time.

Caleb Farley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 3:20 AM, Counselor said:

Caleb Farley

Just to update you, I completed a cutup of Farley vs Miami then found out that there is already a cutup of him in that game on youtube so I'm having to start it over again with a different game. I've got some work stuff to do for the rest of this week but hopefully will get to it this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little later than anticipated but here is Farley against Notre Dame @Counselor

And I decided to go ahead and upload the Miami one anyways so here's that one as well

Think I'm gonna do a couple more on some of the guys who opted out of the season like Twyman and Micah Parsons since they'll have no new tape coming out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, rackcs said:

I got really into draft cutups last draft season and wanted to start making them for the upcoming draft. I made a couple when the quarantine just started but got busy. I've got some free time now and wanted to make some more. Figured I'd come to you guys and see what prospects you all wanted cutups of. Just post a name below and I'll make a cutup for that player. I'll bump you to the top of the list if you provide a youtube link to a game so I don't have to find one myself. Here is a helpful playlist with a bunch of full 2019 games to choose from.

Here is my youtube channel with the few cutups I've already made.

QB
Kedon Slovis, USC: vs Notre Dame
Aqeel Glass, Alabama A&M: vs North Alabamavs Morehousevs Alabama State

RB
Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas: vs Texas A&M

WR
Seth Williams, Auburn: vs Alabama
Tamorrion Terry, Florida State: vs Miami
Dazz Newsome, UNC: vs Clemson

OL
Georgia: vs Auburn
Ohio State: vs Clemson

DL
Jaylen Twyman, Pittsburgh: vs Boston College
Joe Tryon, Washington: vs Boise State
Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan: vs Ohio State

DB
Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech: vs Miamivs Notre Dame

I love the whole OL cutups. They're my favorite. Not being facetious or sarcastic either. It's fun watching UGA and Ohio State work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been pretty busy with school starting up again and trying to adjust to teaching virtually. I've got a mostly finished Micah Parsons cutup that I plan on finishing this weekend. I wanna get another done or at least started this weekend as well. Any requests?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...