News out of Washington

ET80

15 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So nobody in the public knows, we just have a bunch of prominent journalists hinting at something terrible going on. Their reactions kind of seem like it was known among journalists, but was never reported. Some rumors from semi-reliable sources indicate sexual harassment/assault and cover ups involving Gruden and Bruce. Also drug use, and blackmail on each other while threatening people who attempted to expose it. The firings of Santos and the other guy are almost certainly related, as is the name change. Whatever it is it’s gonna expose how rotten and corrupt the team is hopefully. I think it's bigger than something that would just dock the team draft picks or hand out fines. Washington Post will probably release the story around noon eastern time. 

Thank you, sir. That's all I was looking for; general hints in the direction of the story.

I was expecting worse tbh, but I'm sure ESPN/NFL network will eat this up until training camp starts.

23 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Can someone share what they are hearing? I've just read a million tweets about "what we're going to hear is bad", but I haven't heard anything. And it seems like everyone has already "heard it" or whispers of "it". Snyder run a Sandusky-like organization in the offseason or something?

Sending you a PM.  

21 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So nobody in the public knows, we just have a bunch of prominent journalists hinting at something terrible going on. Their reactions kind of seem like it was known among journalists, but was never reported. Some rumors from semi-reliable sources indicate sexual harassment/assault and cover ups involving Gruden and Bruce. Also drug use, and blackmail on each other while threatening people who attempted to expose it. The firings of Santos and the other guy are almost certainly related, as is the name change. Whatever it is it’s gonna expose how rotten and corrupt the team is hopefully. I think it's bigger than something that would just dock the team draft picks or hand out fines. Washington Post will probably release the story around noon eastern time. 

It wasn't reported by the journalists because they were afraid to lose access to the team.  Or so the stories go.  There is a story of players and team officials threatening people to keep their mouths shut. 

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:
32 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Thank you, sir. That's all I was looking for; general hints in the direction of the story.

I was expecting worse tbh, but I'm sure ESPN/NFL network will eat this up until training camp starts.

What were you expecting that was worse than systematic coverups of sex abuse and blackmail? Ritualistic sacrifice?

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There are more than a few people speculating that Bruce Allen is the rat.  If so, that might be the biggest face turn in history.  

For like a thousand winters now, Washington fans have said, "I have no idea what type of dirt Bruce Allen has on Dan Snyder, but there's no other way to explain why he still has a job."

Well...here ya go.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Interesting point that may come up........Bezos owns the Washington Post, who is running this story.  Not sure how the league would view that when/if he is an interested party.  

The Post has pretty much done it's own thing with Bezos being little more than a financier. Would be funny to see your typical team bashing articles from the local paper in this case. Another potential point is if any of the data collected/used by Amazon Web Services for next gen stats could be exploited for an in-game advantage. Granted, I'm pretty sure all of those datasets would be available to all teams, but another one of 100 easy sports conspiracy articles that could come of this.

Good comment from elsewhere: 

PSA: There are legitimate reasons why the Post may be delaying the release of this story. The Post is not some bull**** blog or Twitter account, they are arguably the most premier investigative newspaper in the world, they have rules they follow.

Potential reasons:

1. Their legal team is still sifting through the potential fallout to ensure all claims in the story are corroborated. When you're about to make some apparently heinous claims about some of the richest people in the world, you need to make sure that even the slightest detail can be corroborated by a source. Snyder's legal team has likely already taken legal action to try and stop the publication, the Post is used to this sort of thing, they're probably just running through their playbook which takes some time.

2. It is potentially a story that deals with sexual assault/harassment. One reason why many Twitter personalities may be sitting on the story is that it's not their place to tell it. Given the potential sensitive nature of the story it seems unethical to not let the victim/accusers tell the story in their own words, words that clearly the Post has obtained.

3. The reason why no one else is spilling the beans is because they understand the weight of the accusations and they don't have the sources to back them up. It seems like that the Post has some inside sources. That's important and I cannot stress it enough. If someone from 106.7 was to blurt the story out that they heard second or third hand and get details wrong they would open themselves up to litigation and probable career suicide. It's one thing to speculate on things that a team/owner probably won't take the time or effort to sue you for, it's another to do it on accusations that some have hinted might ruin Snyder's ownership.

Sit tight, a delay doesn't mean a bust at all.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What were you expecting that was worse than systematic coverups of sex abuse and blackmail? Ritualistic sacrifice?

Pedofilia, sex trafficking, front for corruption and black market businesses, extortion, murder,etc

In 2020, sexual abuse and blackmail is some Nickelodeon stuff. [yawn] 

Edited by BStanRamFan