GDT - Week 4: Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs

Ghostnote

So this is Monday Night. 

The offense is not as scary as their defense. But its still potent. 

3 weapons on offense that need to be attentive to:

Travis Kelce

download_1478472751811_6861254_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401

Kareem Hunt:

USATSI_10305218_1506316481379_11230581_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401

Tyreek Hill:

r241057_576x324_16-9.jpg

And their Cheerleaders:

Plane--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg chiefs%20-.jpg

This game is going to be tough considering they have a tough run defense. Not having Eric Berry on the field certainly helps, but the Chiefs lead the league in turnovers. This could come down to a defensive struggle and field position. Marcus Peters is not someone to test considering his ability to press and run with receivers. He has a nose for the ball and is consistently making plays. If any side to pick on, it has to be the side with Terrance Mitchell. The best thing would be to isolate Peters on one side and try to look off the safeties to his side. Either way, Cousins is not great in these types of games, but its not to say he couldnt get the job done if he is given time to block. 

The Chiefs defensive line is nothing to write home about, but they get the job done considering what they have behind them. 

The game plan has to be as solid as the Raiders game. 

Chris Thompson is going to be a mismatch for their LB's so he has to be utilized, and I believe Jay Gruden knows how to do this. 

Jordan Reed needs to get healthy. He is not effective if he is not on the field. He needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap underneath his jersey.  

Cousins had his best game against the Raiders. This defense is better than the Raiders defense and again, he needs to show up in these types of games and go into the bye week with momentum and feeling good with Niners coming into town on 10/15. Can these Redskins do it?

Prediction:

ff_2566721_full.jpg&w=340         -    20

ff_2717029_full.jpg&w=340              -   23

Now the important things:

d9cc3e64e2942d07af08e8e956467473--washington-redskins-happy-valentines-day.jpg

screen-shot-2016-05-31-at-10-22-50-am.jpg?quality=88&w=750&h=442

redskins-5.png f1b1174d2a45e09cf8678413af1414a5.jpg   redskins.jpg?w=640

kimberlyredskinscheerleader20077.jpg?w=640   redskins-1.png  - My favorite...O.M.G.0o7jo1srRRC0x5CJ8cjr_Washington_Redskins_cheerleaders.jpg

Washington-Redskins-cheerleaders-BEA_4816A.jpg 

Good running D?  They are ranked 17th in the league and they have faced 3 teams that don't run the ball all that well to begin with.  And Passing D they are 25th in the League.  I am not saying they are not a good D or they are but man, Oakland is ranked higher in total D at 25 and so are the Rams in 22 spot. 

Will it be a very tough game, absolutely especially since it is in Arrowhead.  But defense wise they are not all that and heck yea Eric Berry out for the season hurts them.

I just can't predict since I don't know if the last game (actually even the game with the Rams) was a one time thing or not.  If it wasn't we win this hands down.  if we play like we played against the Eagles we lose by 17 points.

I've actually got to see a lot of KC this year so far due to red zone and they're extremely fun to watch. Hunt and Hill are very explosive players. They're my pick to win the super bowl this year. 

With all that said, I simply cannot see the redskins going into KC and winning. I think we'd have a decent chance at home but not at arrow head. Losing to KC isn't anything to be discouraged about though. 

Chiefs-27

Redskins-20

I know recent history we'vebeen a better road team then home. That said Kansas City is playing really really complete Football even without Eric Berry. This game is a huge test. We managed to overcome mistakes last week and good teams have the ability to do that. That said I think we are on the cusp of being a good team. That said KC is on the verge of being from good to a great team. I would have too say I just don't think we are the team that comes out the first 4 games 3-1 with our only loss being to the Eagles. If we continue to play with the determination on defense and continue to win the turnover and physical battle we could win. But they are a team built on that same type of game. Looking forward to the game but we have to come prepared for a dog fight if we want a shot. If we skip a 1/4 of Football we simply won't win.

3 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Good running D?  They are ranked 17th in the league and they have faced 3 teams that don't run the ball all that well to begin with.  And Passing D they are 25th in the League.  I am not saying they are not a good D or they are but man, Oakland is ranked higher in total D at 25 and so are the Rams in 22 spot. 

Don't let the stats fool you for the passing D. It looks bad largely because we've had more plays run against us than any team in the NFL, and the second most passing attempts against us in the NFL. We're 1st in completion % against, 3rd in QB rating against, etc. We've had the lead most of the season, played some pass happy teams, and had a handful of quick scores, leading to just a lot of passes against us.

Our run D is in fact properly mediocre.

Archived