GDT - Week 4: Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs

Ghostnote

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brandon's scherff can handle him, he handled Fletcher Cox.

Jones will line up primarily on Lauvao, not Scherff. It will more or less be Zombo/Ford on Williams, Jones on Lauvao, Logan on Long, Bailey on Scherff, and Houston on Moses. In terms of alignment, anyways. For the most part. Obviously people move around. But Jones is mostly across the LG.

And anyway, I didn't say anything about the Redskins ability to block our DL. Just trying to make the point that saying our DL is nothing to write home about is a pretty big discredit to Jones.

This will be a very defensive game IMO. I see both teams finding success in small bunches. My prediction is 24-23 Redskins.

3-1 and a nationally recognized legitimacy heading into our bye week.

A combined 10 punts between the teams. KC's touchdowns coming from Hunt. 

130 total yards from scrimmage and 2 tds for Hunt.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Jones will line up primarily on Lauvao, not Scherff. It will more or less be Zombo/Ford on Williams, Jones on Lauvao, Logan on Long, Bailey on Scherff, and Houston on Moses. In terms of alignment, anyways. For the most part. Obviously people move around. But Jones is mostly across the LG.

And anyway, I didn't say anything about the Redskins ability to block our DL. Just trying to make the point that saying our DL is nothing to write home about is a pretty big discredit to Jones.

Don't worry, I will. Shawn Lauvao cannot block anyone.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Brandon's scherff can handle him, he handled Fletcher Cox.

lol y'all really think the Rams and eagles and raiders have a better DL?.

there front 7 is pretty awesome ..if we put up like 30 points on KC and win than I see in no shape of form how we don't win the NFCE.

16 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

True, I didn't say anything about your DL. I think that was someone else, I was merely saying if he's going to be going against Scherff he won't do much.

Of course I agree that if Jones goes against Lauvao he make a play or 2, just like Aaron Donald did against us in week 2. I don't think Jones is going to dominate Lauvao though. Lauvao isn't good but he's also underrated a bit by most fans.

The match up which is of biggest concern for me is Justin Houston vs Morgan Moses. The Redskins can offset Houston's pass rush though by running their quick passing game - like they have the last two weeks - and allowing their playmakers to get yac. They can also run draws and delays with Chris Thompson as well as play action to slow down the pass rush of Jones and Houston. 

Again, the Redskins have done this type of offensive game plan since their week one loss vs Philadelphia and it's worked to beat the Rams and demolish the Raiders.

If I was you I'd be concerned about your secondary outside of Marcus Peters - who we probably won't even throw at - against our passing attack. It seems that Jordan Reed is going to be good to go and I don't see a player on your defense that can stop him or Vernon Davis' size/speed/athleticism combo for that matter. 

I'm guessing Peters will match up with Pryor most of the game which is fine, we can target Crowder, Doctson and Grant all game and rip your secondary apart beyond what our TEs and  Thompson will do.

I was shocked the Redskins game vs The Raiders wasn't a shootout and I expect this game will be.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

lol y'all really think the Rams and eagles and raiders have a better DL?.

there front 7 is pretty awesome ..if we put up like 30 points on KC and win than I see in no shape of form how we don't win the NFCE.

Clearly my response was about one match up, not their entire DL.

The Chiefs problem isn't going to be their front 7, it's going to be their coverage outside of Marcus Peters. 

Against the Eagles for some reason Gruden didn't go with the quick passing game - which had been working for us for 2 straight years - and we lost. The last two weeks he's gone back to more of a quick passing game and we've won each game. 

If we do the same on Monday night we can win the game. We have the playmakers to beat any defense, the key is to just get the ball in our playmakers hands.

Archived