GDT - Week 4: Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs

Ghostnote

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

BS. 

You have no issue hammering Josh Norman or all of Scots draft choices. You've had no issue singling out other players but when it comes to Kirk you start making excuses. No other guy on that field is making $24M a season so it starts with him. He's the team leader. He was tremendous against Oakland and while I don't expect that every game I do expect something similar. He's supposed to be our franchise QB and he needs to play like it. Enough with the "yeah but so and so didn't play well" crap because it doesn't excuse Kirk from making mistakes. 

I said Kirk played bad.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Kirk cousins was bad week 1 turtle it isn't even a debate it's facts . That was probably the second worst performance I've ever seen him do other than that 2015 Giants game that was with mutiple picks .

First, the Giants & Cardinals games when Kirk fell apart in the 4th quarter was in 2014. Other than those two or two and a half quarters that season, Kirk played well. He played well in the Jags, Eagles and even the Seahawks games that year before being benched after his bad int at the end of the 1st half against the Titans.

Second, his individual performance was more equivalent to the first two weeks of last year or how he ended last year than anything else. Everyone remembers how he started the game and the end but forgets that in the 2nd quarter and up until the redzone int in the middle of the 4th quarter he was playing well. During that time he was 16/23 (69.5%) for 154 yards and a TD with 3 rushes for 20 yards.

We lost because of the 4 turnovers. 2 of them were Kirk's fault, 2 of them weren't and 1 of them shouldn't have even been called a turnover.

Lets also not forget that we dropped a few ints - yes they were tough catches but they were dropped - we missed a chance at 3 or 4 more sacks on defense and missed a tackle which allowed a 50 yard TD pass.

So I agree Kirk played a poor game but to ignore that most of the team played poorly just because you're not sold on Kirk being the answer at Qb for the team is also BS as well.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

First, the Giants & Cardinals games when Kirk fell apart in the 4th quarter was in 2014. Other than those two or two and a half quarters that season, Kirk played well. He played well in the Jags, Eagles and even the Seahawks games that year before being benched after his bad int at the end of the 1st half against the Titans.

Second, his individual performance was more equivalent to the first two weeks of last year or how he ended last year than anything else. Everyone remembers how he started the game and the end but forgets that in the 2nd quarter and up until the redzone int in the middle of the 4th quarter he was playing well. During that time he was 16/23 (69.5%) for 154 yards and a TD with 3 rushes for 20 yards.

We lost because of the 4 turnovers. 2 of them were Kirk's fault, 2 of them weren't and 1 of them shouldn't have even been called a turnover.

Lets also not forget that we dropped a few ints - yes they were tough catches but they were dropped - we missed a chance at 3 or 4 more sacks on defense and missed a tackle which allowed a 50 yard TD pass.

So I agree Kirk played a poor game but to ignore that most of the team played poorly just because you're not sold on Kirk being the answer at Qb for the team is also BS as well.

We lost because of cousins week 1 ... lol 

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

We lost because of cousins week 1 ... lol 

That's just not an accurate analysis of the game because it was more than just him that played poorly. 

Do you realize Cousins was tied as the leading rusher in the game for the Redskins as well?

He and Rob Kelley both had 30 yards. Kirk had 4 carries for 30 yards, Kelley had 10 carries and only totaled 30 yards.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's just not an accurate analysis of the game because it was more than just him that played poorly. 

Do you realize Cousins was tied as the leading rusher in the game for the Redskins as well?

He and Rob Kelley both had 30 yards. Kirk had 4 carries for 30 yards, Kelley had 10 carries and only totaled 30 yards.

How can you say that turtle ? The run game is one thing but Kirk cousins passing all game was awful.

his best throw was to a Pryor pass at the end zone  which was dropped and either way wouldn't have counted because of a hold.

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

1 person does not win or lose a game on his own. Did he play poorly? Yes. Did we lose "because" of Cousins? Absolutely not.

Ctfu you believe that? Take tom Brady away from the patriots ?

Qb qb the most important postion in the NFL . Kirk played bad the OL played bad the D played well overall .

but out of performance wise Kirk was awful .

40 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Ctfu you believe that? Take tom Brady away from the patriots ?

Qb qb the most important postion in the NFL . Kirk played bad the OL played bad the D played well overall .

but out of performance wise Kirk was awful .

Let me ask you this. Do you think Kirk Cousins performance was the worst player of the game? I could argue all day long that he wasn't. Like I said, he did not play well, but in no way did we lose the game because of him as you are saying. 

No one is asking him to be Tom Brady. Tom Brady has a hard time being Tom Brady on a consistant basis. If you are looking for a QB to be Tom Brady, watch Patriot games. Because when you watch Redskins games, you are going to see Kirk Cousins. The good and the bad. 

Week one was a team loss.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

How can you say that turtle ? The run game is one thing but Kirk cousins passing all game was awful.

his best throw was to a Pryor pass at the end zone  which was dropped and either way wouldn't have counted because of a hold.

He wasn't awful all game unless you ignore what I wrote.

2nd quarter hrough the 4th quarter int he was nearly 70% for 154 yds and a TD with 3 rushes for 20 yards, two of those being first down runs.

The final fumble wasn't his fault either, it was Moses' fault and most don't even think it was a fumble.

Kirk started off the game poorly and had threw a horrible int in the redzone in the 4th quarter. Overall it was a bad game - it happens - but to ignore how well he played in the middle of the game is a bit ridiculous.

The game wasn't horrible the whole way through for Kirk.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Let me ask you this. Do you think Kirk Cousins performance was the worst player of the game? I could argue all day long that he wasn't. Like I said, he did not play well, but in no way did we lose the game because of him as you are saying. 

No one is asking him to be Tom Brady. Tom Brady has a hard time being Tom Brady on a consistant basis. If you are looking for a QB to be Tom Brady, watch Patriot games. Because when you watch Redskins games, you are going to see Kirk Cousins. The good and the bad. 

Week one was a team loss.

I was at the game. It was worse in person. He was by far the worst player on the field that day. We lost due to multiple factors that day but Kirk was probably THE biggest factor. He was god awful. 

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was at the game. It was worse in person. He was by far the worst player on the field that day. We lost due to multiple factors that day but Kirk was probably THE biggest factor. He was god awful. 

Morgan Moses says hello. 

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Morgan Moses says hello. 

Moses, Pryor & then Kirk in that order IMO. The run blocking from the OL & TEs was a disaster as well.

There's no way Kirk Cousins should ever be your leading rusher in a ball game.

Archived