Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

Obviously a training camp like no other. Family Night will only have players families. It will be televised. Date has not been set yet, but it's usually a week after camp starts. With the 1st and 4th preseason games already cancelled, there will be at least 3 weeks between start of camp and 1st preseason game. 

EdNyGUoXkAEnc5_?format=jpg&name=small

Some things I'll be looking for:

TE:  This is so wide open, but I like Sternberger's upside. Tonyan needs to show he can do more than make a big play once in a while. De Guara can do a lot of things, but it's usually hard for rookie TE's to make an impact.

WR: After Adams, it's up for grabs. Lazard is solid, but does he have upside? I think ESB has a chance to really shine. Hope Funchess can develop a rapport with Rodgers. 

RB: Dillon will get a lot of attention, of course. I'll be watching Dexter Williams who could surprise if he has his head on straight.

OL: Desperately need someone to emerge as backup Tackle. Yosh Nijman has the most talent.

DL: I've kind of given up on Adams. Keke will be worth watching. Treyvon Hester could be an under the radar guy

ILB: This will look totally different. Kirksey is the main guy. Maybe last chance for Burks to show he can play. Curtis Bolton is a sleeper.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Some things I'll be looking for:

TE:  This is so wide open, but I like Sternberger's upside. Tonyan needs to show he can do more than make a big play once in a while. De Guara can do a lot of things, but it's usually hard for rookie TE's to make an impact.

WR: After Adams, it's up for grabs. Lazard is solid, but does he have upside? I think ESB has a chance to really shine. Hope Funchess can develop a rapport with Rodgers. 

RB: Dillon will get a lot of attention, of course. I'll be watching Dexter Williams who could surprise if he has his head on straight.

OL: Desperately need someone to emerge as backup Tackle. Yosh Nijman has the most talent.

DL: I've kind of given up on Adams. Keke will be worth watching. Treyvon Hester could be an under the radar guy

ILB: This will look totally different. Kirksey is the main guy. Maybe last chance for Burks to show he can play. Curtis Bolton is a sleeper.   

Little late to da party der bub...

I like a lot of the rest of this though, Bolton is DEFINITELY a sleeper. I don't think TE is as wide open as you think; Sternberger's the starter, Deguara's the H-Back who will be in two TE sets who will leak out on arrow routes or take a lazy post on 3rd and short when we play-action-pass and I think he can be lethal there. Tonyan will be TE3.

Why Yosh Nijman?

Hester is a camp body.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Little late to da party der bub...

I like a lot of the rest of this though, Bolton is DEFINITELY a sleeper. I don't think TE is as wide open as you think; Sternberger's the starter, Deguara's the H-Back who will be in two TE sets who will leak out on arrow routes or take a lazy post on 3rd and short when we play-action-pass and I think he can be lethal there. Tonyan will be TE3.

Why Yosh Nijman?

Hester is a camp body.

Nijman because I don't see anybody else with a lot of talent. Light couldn't handle he weight. Don't know if Leglue will stick. 

Hester actually had a pretty good year in a backup role with Philly in 2018. He  tipped Cody Parkey's double-doink in the playoffs.  Wasn't as good with the Red? in 2019. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Training Camp 2020 or The Big Tease Before Everything Is Cancelled and Tom Brady is 44 years old before he throws his first official pass as a Buccaneer.

Oof yeah.... hope he's still working hard on his girlish figure. Open mouth kissing between sets

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/20/owners-will-have-another-meeting-on-monday/

The NFL’s owners conducted a conference call on Friday that didn’t generate much news. They’ll meet again on Monday.

Via Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, a 2:00 p.m. ET conversation will occur among the membership “as they try to finalize health and safety measures, financial arrangements, and reducing or eliminating preseason games.”

The league unilaterally slashed the preseason from four games to two. The NFL Players Association wants none. The league more recently has proposed one.

Unlike the other team sports the NFL and NFLPA have had plenty of time to make plans for training camp and preseason. Ridiculous they haven't worked this out yet. 

This may be the shortest training camp thread ever. 

10 minutes ago, deathstar said:

... what have they been doing? It sounds like nothing.

Working out, reading the playbook. They haven't put pads on and there hasn't been the traditional pre-camp invite for guys just outside the bubble IIRC. We all know that Dillon came to Green Bay relatively quickly to get acquainted.

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

... what have they been doing? It sounds like nothing.

Lots of playbook stuff and virtual meetings with their coaches.

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED that we haven't seen more headlines of guys being stupid.  That's a lot of free time on their hands.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Working out, reading the playbook. They haven't put pads on and there hasn't been the traditional pre-camp invite for guys just outside the bubble IIRC. We all know that Dillon came to Green Bay relatively quickly to get acquainted.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Lots of playbook stuff and virtual meetings with their coaches.

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED that we haven't seen more headlines of guys being stupid.  That's a lot of free time on their hands.

Referring to the NFL in planning for the season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/players-will-receive-daily-covid-19-tests-for-first-two-weeks-of-camp

NFL players will be tested every day for the first two weeks of training camp, Dr. Allen Sills, the league's chief medical officer, said in a conference call, and it is expected that players will need more than one negative test before first being allowed to enter team facilities.

At the two-week mark, the rate of positive tests for those tested -- players, coaches and staff who are in close contact with the football team -- will be examined and if the rate of positive tests is below five percent, testing will move to every other day. Training camp is set to begin for the entire league July 28.

The NFLPA and league agreed to these protocols Monday.