Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Ahhhhh, the sweet memory of risking your family's health and safety in the midst of a pandemic and being the first guy cut at the end of camp.

Lol "risking your families health." I'm sure these 21 year olds that would be reporting to camp don't venture out in to public on their own accord ever and we're saving them that huge risk by making them unemployed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Ahhhhh, the sweet memory of risking your family's health and safety in the midst of a pandemic and being the first guy cut at the end of camp.

You do get nobody in training camp has COVID-19 right ? The virus is also not the killer it was early on. Players should be just fine, at least until the social justice BS has people turning off the games. 

20 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

You do get nobody in training camp has COVID-19 right ? The virus is also not the killer it was early on. Players should be just fine, at least until the social justice BS has people turning off the games. 

Come on man.... I thought we were all in agreement not to get threads locked up anymore.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

I wouldn't downplay the seriousness of the virus. It mutates a lot. Never know which version might show up. Have to assume the worse and hope for the best.

22 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

I'm not buying into an actual boycott of the games. If anything, it'll actually help the league the way it is helping NASCAR right now. I follow NASCAR pretty closely because I used to live in Charlotte and have connections to several drivers and teams and my connections are telling me that tons of positive fan mail has come in since Bubba took his stand.

That aside, I'm upset the NFL hasn't done a bubble thing with its teams. I know it's more difficult to accomplish given the numbers, but for TC, there should be no reason why you can't have your food shipped in, resting quarters regularly cleaned and sanitized, and with a one-cut practice, it shouldn't be that difficult for players to have a better focus on why they're present.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I wouldn't downplay the seriousness of the virus. It mutates a lot. Never know which version might show up. Have to assume the worse and hope for the best.

I wouldn't either, but the good news is that apparently Pfizer is close to or has discovered a vaccine as of yesterday(7/22).

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

That aside, I'm upset the NFL hasn't done a bubble thing with its teams. I know it's more difficult to accomplish given the numbers, but for TC, there should be no reason why you can't have your food shipped in, resting quarters regularly cleaned and sanitized, and with a one-cut practice, it shouldn't be that difficult for players to have a better focus on why they're present.

Isn't TC a bubble? No more preseason games, all teams are at their home facility and not some college nearby. It's pretty much a bubble until they have to travel for a regular season game.

Are players going back to their 

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Isn't TC a bubble? No more preseason games, all teams are at their home facility and not some college nearby. It's pretty much a bubble until they have to travel for a regular season game.

Aren't players going back to their own living quarters after practice? If so, that's not much of a bubble.

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Are players going back to their 

Aren't players going back to their own living quarters after practice? If so, that's not much of a bubble.

I mean not the NBA bubble, but better than going back and forth to St Norberts, back home, out for lunch, have Cleveland fly in for group practice and then 2 preseason games on the road.

They'll be the same as the rest of us. Wake up, go to work, go home, do it over again.

updates from Murphy:

"If fans are allowed at Lambeau Field this season, Mark Murphy says those allowed to attend will be decided on a game-by-game basis.
Mark Murphy says Packers ticket office determined 10K-12K hypothetical stadium capacity. Says Packers have added challenge of social distancing fans because of Lambeau's bench seating, rather than traditional stadium seats."

Mark Murphy says he anticipates practice squads increasing to 16 this season and the league making it easier to transfer players between practice squad and active roster. He also said he expects more veterans on P-squads this year.

23 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm not buying into an actual boycott of the games. If anything, it'll actually help the league the way it is helping NASCAR right now. I follow NASCAR pretty closely because I used to live in Charlotte and have connections to several drivers and teams and my connections are telling me that tons of positive fan mail has come in since Bubba took his stand.

I wouldn't either, but the good news is that apparently Pfizer is close to or has discovered a vaccine as of yesterday(7/22).

I would call it a candidate vaccine. There are several candidate vaccines out there, by different companies, that induce an antibody response sufficient enough to ensure immunity in at least 70% of the population (which is about what the flu vaccine does). I have been predicting all along that a vaccine will be ready by January. I'm still holding to that timeline. Then, of course, there's the tactical problem of producing 330,000,000 doses and distributing them. I would be happy if we're all vaccinated by April 2021. Just in time for the next football season.

Yeah the three vaccine candidates that are furthest along are all entering phase 3 trials late this month. Most experts agree it’s pretty unlikely they will be ready for distribution by November, let alone September. We’re still looking at early 2021 as a reasonably optimistic goal for shipping vaccines and spring/ summer 2021 for widespread availability.