Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

2 hours ago, Tperk said:

I bought a Sharper jersey at a game years ago. Sharper picked off a pass in the end zone and tried to return it. Got out to the 8 yard line or so, got tackled and injured. Never played for the Pack again, and you know the rest of his story. Wasted $160 on that one!

Oof i think this one wins the football for worst luck😂. 

3 hours ago, deathstar said:

Randall. My wife told me no more jerseys after that one.

Oh man I think I have a Randall tucked away.. Which is weird because he wasn't really one of my guys. I just talked myself into him.

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

A buddy of mine who is a lurker here bought a Sitton jersey no more than a week before he was released. A great jersey but unfortunate timing. He also has a Randall. Mine is definitely Abdul Hodge. 

I was pretty close to a Lang towards the end of his tenure. Just couldn't pull the trigger knowing he was almost gone. You get a football for the worst wishful pick up😂

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If I ever had a kid they would wear burlap sacks until they went to school.  There's no reason for a kid to have any type of fashion. 

Once they hit school I'd probably let them wear clothes.  I'm not a monster. 

You can’t have kids if you don’t have sex. 

• Like 6

I've been following the training camp tweets from the Packers beatwriters but I've just realised I've read very little about EQ so far. We've seen tweets about Adams, Begelton, MVS, Kumerow etc quite regularly. Feels like last year when I barely heard anything about EQ during camp and he went on to make a grand total of 1 catch in preseason when the likes of Kumerow and Shepherd were racking up the stat sheet.

I've been going back re-reading the tweets and so far this is all i've got:

Look at the tweets the other wide receivers are getting:

Edited by Chili
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I got a Charles Johnson custom after the draft...

just kidding.  Abdul Hodge? Did you know him or something? :D 

huge Hawkeyes fan. its worked out for me well over the years. Hodge is really the only bad one outside of the unknown with Jackson.

Aaron Kampman, Bryan Bulaga, Mike Daniels, Micah Hyde.

Chili, agree with observations (or lack of observations...) on EQ thus far.  Everybody else gets mentioned.  EQ never mentioned for catching anything, kind of invisible man in the media notes, other than being mentioned for drops or for getting blanketed by backup secondary guy.

I know the board loves him and has the narrative that he's got big upside and high ceiling.  And I hope that proves true in time.  But it may also be true that he'll never be more than a back-of-roster JAG, with no change-of-direction quickness, and who'll always be a pretty easy-to-mirror guy for even back-of-roster NFL secondary players.  

That said, the "massive human being" factor might be more valuable in pads and in MLF's focus on the running game, than it is running routes against air, or against secondary in shorts.  Wouldn't surprise me if EQ didn't end up stronger and more physical than Funchess or some of the TE's, and perhaps almost as large.   So perhaps running against air, somebody faster and quicker like Begelton will look better.  But perhaps EQ will start to catch up some when things get more physical?  Who knows.