Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

There are things that are hard to change.  Some are worth pressing for change.  Up to you to decide.

Might I suggest the ignore function.....makes the site much more palatable 

I like leader, so I don’t want to mute. I just can’t understand why he? dosent show the source of quotes/tweets. It’s honestly causes more issues and confusion than contributions to discussions and news. 

Penske, in this case the quote was from only 3 posts before within the same thread.  Not sure much need to repeat attribution just posted so closely prior?  

Some positive notes today and yesterday about Rodgers accuracy.  That may be much harder against nothing but first-string defenders and pass-rushers and coverage guys, and when pass-rushers are allowed to sack you hard.  But accuracy has not been consistent for the past two years.  Nothing would benefit the offense more than the QB throwing accurately consistently.  

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like leader, so I don’t want to mute. I just can’t understand why he? dosent show the source of quotes/tweets. It’s honestly causes more issues and confusion than contributions to discussions and news. 

Thank-you. Honestly, I dont see the issue. I copy and paste a tweet or some portion of an article that  think interesting or topical to this (or associated) boards. I always provide attribution on who said or wrote the information. Done. Thats it. Simple right? You'd think so, but apparently not.

Unless you think I'm altering or misrepresenting the information - which I'm not and can be easily confirmed - I dont see the "issues or confusion."  The comments, opinions or facts stated stand on their own and as such are no different than any of the many "Anon" posters  expressing their opinions here - except - in the vast majority of cases the source is a known public journalist, writer, publication and/or news outlet. Occasionally, I post a tweet from "John Q Nobody" - but I do that rarely simply because they're "Anon" as well. If you have an issue with the content - that issue is with the source. 

13 minutes ago, craig said:

Penske, in this case the quote was from only 3 posts before within the same thread.  Not sure much need to repeat attribution just posted so closely prior?

All due respect, but lets get real here.....
Somebody said EQ was having his ankle re-taped and that he'd been doing well earlier in practice. That's it. Hardly an earth shattering comment. Does the "source" really matter? Would someone be lying about EQ getting his ankle taped? I didnt think so then and dont now. To close the matter....I hope EQ's ankle is okay. Ha!

Edited by Leader

The number of favorable comments and notes re EQ over last several days has been encouraging.  Approaching camp, before Funchess withdrew, I wasn't sure how secure EQ's roster position might be.  Figured Adams-Lazard-Funchess-MVS were locked in as 1-4, so that *if* they only carried 5 WR, EQ would need to beat out Kumerow and Begelton and Shepherd to get that 5th spot.  

With Funchess out, obviously EQ now has a locked-up spot, so no suspense there.  Given some positive reports about making some catches; given MLF positivity about EQ's intelligence and knowledge of the playbook; given his power in the blocking game which value doesn't manifest in week one of camp; plus given his power and speed in ST; he's a lock for not only 53 but for game-day active. 

Not sure he'll get many-if-any snaps early on, with 3 WR ahead of him in an offense that may not use lots of WR's.  And even if he gets a few snaps, not sure he'll get any targets.  But you never know, and injuries to guys ahead of him can happen, and usage can increase if a guy performs well during whatever window of opportunity he does have.  Would be fun to have him step up as a pretty good player.  

12 hours ago, craig said:

Some positive notes today and yesterday about Rodgers accuracy.  That may be much harder against nothing but first-string defenders and pass-rushers and coverage guys, and when pass-rushers are allowed to sack you hard.  But accuracy has not been consistent for the past two years.  Nothing would benefit the offense more than the QB throwing accurately consistently.  

11 hours ago, Leader said:

All due respect, but lets get real here.....
Somebody said EQ was having his ankle re-taped and that he'd been doing well earlier in practice. That's it. Hardly an earth shattering comment. Does the "source" really matter? Would someone be lying about EQ getting his ankle taped? I didnt think so then and dont now. To close the matter....I hope EQ's ankle is okay. Ha!

It’s not the end of the world so this is going to be my last comment on it but it’s not really about that one specific post. Leader frequently (always?) posts tweets and quotes without attribution who they’re from so it gets confusing.

1 hour ago, craig said:

The number of favorable comments and notes re EQ over last several days has been encouraging.  Approaching camp, before Funchess withdrew, I wasn't sure how secure EQ's roster position might be.  Figured Adams-Lazard-Funchess-MVS were locked in as 1-4, so that *if* they only carried 5 WR, EQ would need to beat out Kumerow and Begelton and Shepherd to get that 5th spot.  

With Funchess out, obviously EQ now has a locked-up spot, so no suspense there.  Given some positive reports about making some catches; given MLF positivity about EQ's intelligence and knowledge of the playbook; given his power in the blocking game which value doesn't manifest in week one of camp; plus given his power and speed in ST; he's a lock for not only 53 but for game-day active. 

Not sure he'll get many-if-any snaps early on, with 3 WR ahead of him in an offense that may not use lots of WR's.  And even if he gets a few snaps, not sure he'll get any targets.  But you never know, and injuries to guys ahead of him can happen, and usage can increase if a guy performs well during whatever window of opportunity he does have.  Would be fun to have him step up as a pretty good player.  

I think EQ contributes quite a bit this year, especially with no funchess. The guy showed growth as a rookie and has size and talent. I’m pretty sure 12 is relatively fond of him too.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

just hoping to see less than 5 tweets about love fumbling or throwing dumb stuff 

Just hoping people stop worrying about that. 

Do you remember how much Rodgers sucked when he was the backup to Favre?  Everything about him was how much he sucked.  Everything. 

He came into the Ravens game after Favre had gone 14/29, 144 yards, 4.97 yards per attempt and two interceptions.  He sucked because he threw an interception.  That game was 3-48. 

Then when Favre left, he sucked so bad Ted Thompson had to draft Brian Brohm in the second round. 

He sucked so bad in training camp that year that allegedly Charles Woodson picked him off and yelled, "Bring back Favre," when Favre decided to unretire. 

We have two years for Love to suck as much as possible before it matters. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just hoping people stop worrying about that. 

Do you remember how much Rodgers sucked when he was the backup to Favre?  Everything about him was how much he sucked.  Everything. 

He came into the Ravens game after Favre had gone 14/29, 144 yards, 4.97 yards per attempt and two interceptions.  He sucked because he threw an interception.  That game was 3-48. 

Then when Favre left, he sucked so bad Ted Thompson had to draft Brian Brohm in the second round. 

He sucked so bad in training camp that year that allegedly Charles Woodson picked him off and yelled, "Bring back Favre," when Favre decided to unretire. 

We have two years for Love to suck as much as possible before it matters. 

ngbbs4420d919defd6.jpg

https://theathletic.com/2017944/2020/08/24/inside-packers-camp-aaron-rodgers-is-still-elite-intriguing-cb-battles-and-more/?source=dailyemail&redirected=1

Athletic is pay site, so now sure how many of you friends can read it.  Matt Schneidman with comments after first week.  I'll summarize:

• Rodgers impressive, no indication of further age-based decline.  Love struggling and inaccurate.
  • Keke looking good, "Even with Preston Smith, Kenny Clark and Gary participating in one-on-one pass-rushing drills, Keke has looked best among defenders... he’s looked like a 2020 contributor."
  • CB:  Sullivan, Ento, Hollman, and Samuels have all looked good.  "keep an eye on Stanford Samuels, the undrafted rookie from Florida State who’s good enough to have been a mid-to-late round draft pick. I’m not allowed to say with what unit he’s been working, but just trust me and remember that name on cutdown day."
  • "Kamal Martin has stood out through seven practices."
  • "Garvin finished practice strong Sunday, .... He’s displayed good quickness off the edge and fared well in one-on-ones, too."

19 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Sounds like Samuels is having a nice camp. Obvi just guessing but it sounds like he's taking 1st and 2nd team reps

what have you seen that makes you think this?  i've seen a few positive notes about samuel but would be surprised if he was ever in with 1st team.