I Can't Believe.....

KingTitan

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Has Wentz shown himself really capable of leading anything though? He’s had one year where he led a truly good offense, and that came as part of a team that was good enough to win a SB with Nick Foles. Outside of that season, he’s QB’d offenses ranked 12-18 and is a game under .500.

They’re very similar QBs statistically, With Dak being a bit more efficient and winning more games. This will be an interesting year away from Garrett obviously, has a chance to make a ton of money.

Part of it is that I also just don’t get the hype with Wentz, who is a perfectly adequate QB that isn’t a real difference maker. Add in the injuries, and I’ve never quite understood his national reputation.

I am not a huge Wentz fan, either, but I'd point to his run in the last 4 weeks of the season...winning 4 in a row and beating Dallas in Week 16 where he out-dueled Dak, as a recent example why Wentz>Dak IMO.

Both are imperfect and Pederson>Garrett, but Wentz does more with less as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I am not a huge Wentz fan, either, but I'd point to his run in the last 4 weeks of the season...winning 4 in a row and beating Dallas in Week 16 where he out-dueled Dak, as a recent example why Wentz>Dak IMO.

Both are imperfect and Pederson>Garrett, but Wentz does more with less as far as I'm concerned.

I would be on board with Wentz>Dak as well.  Wentz's biggest issue is health, which isn't as big a problem for him as it was for Mariota or Locker, but is a pretty big concern.  Still, they won a Super Bowl under Wentz, while the Cowboys continue to struggle because Dak is a mediocre QB, but reliable, at least.

You can build a winner with either one, but it's not easy.  The Eagles seem to be having much better luck with it so far.

I would also add that I think Wentz is absolutely a difference maker. 

I've just never been AFRAID of Dak. Like if you play the Eagles...Wentz might very well be the guy who beats you. I don't see Dak being good enough to carry a mediocre team...not even close.

I just don’t see how Wentz is a difference maker. At no point has he elevated a team, the only time he’s been a QB on a good offense was a year in which Nick Foles averaged 31 points per game in the playoffs on his way to a SB, which is a pretty good indicator that Wentz wasn’t carrying anything.

I don’t care all that passionately about Dak, but he’s 26 with a 40-24 record, tied with Brady for fifth all-time in QB rating and coming off of a year where he threw for 4,900 yards and 30 TDs. On fewer pass attempts than Wentz, who had 900 fewer yards and three fewer TDs. That’s not bad.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just don’t see how Wentz is a difference maker. At no point has he elevated a team, the only time he’s been a QB on a good offense was a year in which Nick Foles averaged 31 points per game in the playoffs on his way to a SB, which is a pretty good indicator that Wentz wasn’t carrying anything.

I don’t care all that passionately about Dak, but he’s 26 with a 40-24 record, tied with Brady for fifth all-time in QB rating and coming off of a year where he threw for 4,900 yards and 30 TDs. On fewer pass attempts than Wentz, who had 900 fewer yards and three fewer TDs. That’s not bad.

He didn't elevate Philly last year? That offense was a MESS.

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He didn't elevate Philly last year? That offense was a MESS.

I guess? I mean, the offense was pretty average and was significantly boosted by getting to play two of the worst teams in the league twice, including three times in the last four weeks. 

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

John Tyler was the 10th president of the United States. For context, Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. John Tyler has two living grandchildren.

But seriously, he was President in 1841 and has two living grandchildren.

19 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I guess? I mean, the offense was pretty average and was significantly boosted by getting to play two of the worst teams in the league twice, including three times in the last four weeks. 

not to beat a dead horse, but came across this on twitter today (it was RT I swear I wasn't digging back thru to December lol)

Wentz>>>>>Dak. 

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

not to beat a dead horse, but came across this on twitter today (it was RT I swear I wasn't digging back thru to December lol)

Wentz>>>>>Dak. 

I mean, Ertz and Goedert each played in 15 games. The running backs mentioned I guess were Jordan Howard and a 36 year old Darren Sproles? Who were both just standing in the way of Miles Sanders, who averaged 4.5 per carry and had 1,300 YFS in 11 starts.

If the argument is that he lost Alshon and Desean, that’s fair. Fortunately they’re a two tight end base with a top three tight end and another borderline elite receiving tight end. 

Anyways, bulk yards just seems like a silly stat when the guy finished tied with Josh Allen for 25th in YPA. For comparison, he had 94 more passing yards than Tannehill and Mariota combined on 160 (!!!) more passing attempts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t know. Mainly I just don’t see it with Wentz. I watch Eagles games and there’s rarely anything special, though this year will be interesting. The Ertz/Alshon/Goedert/Desean/Sanders group is a crazy talented and diverse set of weapons.

And you do with Dak?

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And you do with Dak?

I do when given the chance. Productive, ultra efficient, 40-24 as a starter. I mean, he just had far and away the most pass attempts in his career and completed 65% of his passes for 4,900 yards with 30 TDs with a top five YPA. Shame he was stuck with Garrett (feeding reps to Randall Cobb and Jason Witten) given the talent on the offense.

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I do when given the chance. Productive, ultra efficient, 40-24 as a starter. I mean, he just had far and away the most pass attempts in his career and completed 65% of his passes for 4,900 yards with 30 TDs with a top five YPA. Shame he was stuck with Garrett (feeding reps to Randall Cobb and Jason Witten) given the talent on the offense.

Eh. He still doesn't past the sniff test to me. 
Some don't like Cousins but he puts up numbers too.

Dak to me isn't a top QB. A good one but not one to be paid like the best.

• Like 1

Dak has constantly had one if the better lines in the league, has one of the top backs, has had Bryant or Cooper as his #1 WR.  They've put all the pieces around him to succeed, but he's nothing special, and hasn't been able to elevate that team.  Given equal teams/talent level around them, I'd take Wentz over Dak every time.