I Can't Believe.....

KingTitan

All this QB talk made me think about how  I still can’t believe some continue to doubt Deshaun Watson. He has that “it” factor that other QBs just don’t have. He’s the only reason why I don’t see a total collapse from the Texans (if we have a) this season.

Outside of Mahomes of course, he’s the best QB under 26 imo (sorry Lamar).

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

All this QB talk made me think about how  I still can’t believe some continue to doubt Deshaun Watson. He has that “it” factor that other QBs just don’t have. He’s the only reason why I don’t see a total collapse from the Texans (if we have a) this season.

I’d absolutely take Lamar over him, but he’d definitely go third in a league-wide draft. Special player. We just need Bill O’Brien to stick around long enough to run him out of Houston.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/titans-nfl-preseason-all-afc-south-team

SI's preseason all AFC South team.  Surprisingly, a pretty good list.  Jayon Brown continues to get disrespected, which is hard to believe at this low a level, and I think Chark over Fuller is questionable, but otherwise, it's a pretty good list.

Yeah, this is better than I’ve come to expect. I’d argue for Jonnu over Jack Doyle, but that’s a fairly minor issue. I’m only left to hope that Jayon’s lack of attention will help us sign him to a reasonable extension at some point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I am one. 
This won't be popular or what not but there was a stretch there where Marcus and Watson had similar numbers.  
Watson is a better QB than Marcus. But in my mind it isn't by as much as people think.
Watson has more flash plays, He had a HOF WR and he had more highs and fewer lows. 
Marcus had few highs, more lows but more average play.

There was also a point last season where you could made this statement, I pulled it from a twitter post in October of last year:

Titans are 8-4 since the bye week last year with Marcus as starting QB.  2,431 yards. 15 tds/3 in that span.  Comparison: Watson has 15/3 also in that span passing for 2,714 yards. Team going 8-4 too.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’d absolutely take Lamar over him, but he’d definitely go third in a league-wide draft. Special player. We just need Bill O’Brien to stick around long enough to run him out of Houston.

I have to see Lamar do it again, but yeah I would take Lamar over Watson.  

Watson may be this generation's Rivers.  Lot of numbers, highlights and some good teams, but ultimately never winning a championship.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/titans-nfl-preseason-all-afc-south-team

SI's preseason all AFC South team.  Surprisingly, a pretty good list.  Jayon Brown continues to get disrespected, which is hard to believe at this low a level, and I think Chark over Fuller is questionable, but otherwise, it's a pretty good list.

Lol at someone actually voting for Anger over Kern

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I can't believe how tasty it is to put my foot in my mouth

At one point or another, I've ripped and criticized the AAS/JRob/Vrabel regime to shreds.  Sometimes I had decent reasoning, but usually I was having knee-jerk reactions to a losing streak or the inability to beat Indy/Houston.

But it's just so clear that, more than anything, this organization has transformed into a positive and professional and goal-oriented franchise. I cannot help but think that the type of garbage that Washington/NYJ are in the news for nowadays wouldn't happen here. And that's huge. Guys like being a Titan. FAs are coming to be a Titan. Guys want to STAY a Titan.

Super Bowl is the end goal, an elusive goal, but a goal I feel we will reach ONE DAY. But in the interim, all we can do is continue to build this franchise and improve as a franchise. And right now, from an organizational perspective, we're a lot closer to the NEs/Pitts/Seattles of the world rather than the Washington/Jets.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe

How the NFL has to be reminded not to jump on the bandwagon of a player too soon.

"Lamar Jackson will revolutionize the GAME."
"Carson Wentz is going to be winning Super Bowls for the next few years."

I said these players had great seasons for their time. But I didn't believe they were guaranteed HITs. Simply because they only did it once or maybe twice.

They LOVED Marcus after the 2nd season. Winston was also praised. But things change sooooooo fast. 
Hit the brakes, wait and see.

Same with Watson.  He is a good QB, but can he carry a team on his own?  NOOOOOOpe.

54 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I can't believe

How the NFL has to be reminded not to jump on the bandwagon of a player too soon.

I said these players had great seasons for their time. But I didn't believe they were guaranteed HITs. Simply because they only did it once or maybe twice.

They LOVED Marcus after the 2nd season. Winston was also praised. But things change sooooooo fast. 

Same with Watson.  He is a good QB, but can he carry a team on his own?  NOOOOOOpe.

Just say it King

you hate Watson!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I mean, he has an organization that seemingly worked to sabotage his growth at every turn and he’s still having a pretty great year.  

Just not sure any QB can carry a team when their HC trades away the best receiver in football and then gives them the 31st ranked defense and 30th ranked run game to work with lol.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I can't believe

Watson needs a OL & a defense Mahomes has a OL, weapons & good defense. No by any means is Watson up there with Mahomes but he’s better than what he’s put out this season