2020 Sleepers

naptownskinsfan

Is Duke Johnson one of the best stashes In PPR? 

- DJ looks washed regardless of “camp reports”
- plus DJ has stayed healthy since 2016 
- There’s no solid rb3 so it would be Dukes backfield if DJ flops 
- Texans offense is high powered and a good playoff team 
- Duke second year in system, not learning on the fly this year
- Duke has shown he is a good RB, just not a chance 
- Duke has flex potential regardless, as he is one of the best pass catching RBs in football?? 

Is Duke being overlooked?? I don’t see any podcast talking about him as possibly being the best stash in fantasy 

37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

- Duke has flex potential regardless, as he is one of the best pass catching RBs in football?? 

Is Duke being overlooked?? I don’t see any podcast talking about him as possibly being the best stash in fantasy 

I think everyone is just tired of expecting a breakout and then seeing him get passed over for touches. Why doesn’t he get the work? No one knows.  

By all means stash him, but I don’t see him getting a ton of touches even if starter DJ goes down.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

idk about best stashes but he is someone that should be rostered and probably getting an increase in touches halfway thru the season

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Has he looked washed? I read that he looks good and is in great shape? =/

Miami could easily have two 1,000 yard WR's.

Preston Williams was on pace for 900 yards and 6 TD's as a rookie before the Week 8 injury. And that was all BEFORE Miami starting winning with a lot of Rosen QB'ing. He's continuing to impress in practices/scrimmages.

Edited by Tetsujin

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Preston Williams was on pace for 900 yards and 6 TD's as a rookie before the Week 8 injury. And that was all BEFORE Miami starting winning with a lot of Rosen QB'ing. He's continuing to impress in practices/scrimmages.

If Preston is 100% and not slowed by recovery from surgery he is a good one. Parker too, although Preston is much cheaper

5 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Came here to say Preston 

My favorite deep sleeper this year is Jerrick McKinnon

1. The 3rd RB in SF's offense has value considering that there were times when all 3 of Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, and Matt Brieda were fantasy-relevant last year.
  2. All indications are that McKinnon is healthy, has been one of the fastest players on the field, and is by far the best pass catcher of the RB group. For what its worth, the second knee injury was not another tear to his ACL- it was to repair other lingering issue with the knee. So technically speaking, he's more than 2 years removed from ACL surgery. 
  3. Despite not having any significant production in his NFL career, Shanahan saw something to give him a 4 year, $30 million when he initially signed as a free agent. Back in 2018, Shanahan said he got "lost" watching his game tape, suggesting he had so many ideas how he could use him, particularly as a receiver- citing his ability to separate and beat linebackers/safeties in man-to-man coverage. Note: he's been burning Kwon Alexander and Fred Warner in practice, two of the fastest linebackers around. 
  4. Furthermore, Shanahan said he felt McKinnon was a 3 down back, and there were rumors he would assume the "Devonta Freeman" role, which involved goal-line work and being utilized heavy as a pass-catcher. 
  5. Comparatively speaking, they only gave Tevin Coleman 2 years, $10 million as a UFA (whom he had coached before) and an additional $2.75 million available via incentives to Raheem Mostert's existing 3 year, $8.7 million contract (in its second year). 

If McKinnon is anywhere close to what they envisioned him to be when he was signed, he's going to carve out a significant role for himself, and if Raheem/Tevin regress or get injured, McKinnon can wind up ending the 2021 season as a high-end RB2. 

Stat Projection: 100 attempts, 450 rushing yards, 4 TDs --- 35 receptions, 250 yards, 2 TDs (2019: RB38 in 0.5 PPR)

Ceiling Projection: 150 attempts, 700 yards, 8 TDs --- 55 receptions, 465 yards, 4 TDs (2019: RB16 in 0.5 PPR) 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’m in a 10 team 3 RB/3WR/1TE/1flex Full PPR and I have pick 2.1........I’m currently debating if I should go Kelce but I’m really starting to like a lot of the late TEs...Smith/Fant/Jarwin/Goedert...I have no problem going Kelce especially with probable positive TD regression coming this year but I might just double dip late and try to get this years Mark Andrews.

2.1 in a 10 team league may leave some good players, where I think going later for TE would be good, but I was 2.7 in a 12 man league and got Kelce.  I also took Jonnu with the hope I can flip one if they both hit. If not, I got Kelce so I’m good to drop Jonnu if needed.

Is the Goedert hype real? People talking about him potentially being the #2 target to start the season, but I have a hard time putting stock in a guy who is at the end of the day still their #2 TE.

There's always a couple of big breakouts at TE - Kittle in 2018, Andrews and Waller last year. Jarwin/Goedert/Gesicki/Fant seem like the strongest contenders, but I'm having a hard time settling on who I like the best in that group. 

• Like 1

I been wondering the same thing

i been hearing good things about Fant/Hockenson/Goedert/Gesicki/Jarwin/ Jonnu / Herndon. All are talented 

I’m torn, I current have Fant. I don’t know to drop him for one of those guys. Everyone a free agent except Gesicki in my league. 

Fant- can he make the second year jump after flashing last year. A lot of mouths to feed, but had connection with fellow 2nd year QB Drew Lock. He’s a good player and freak athlete. 

Hockenson- another freak athlete, who was drafted top 10. Trained in the summer with George Kittle. Plays with a great QB, on a pass happy team. Had a great camp, but is his ankle okay? 

Dallas- Eagles will be running a lot of 2 Tes sets. He came in strong last year. He really might be the 2nd option on a pass happy offense. Jackson is a volume monster, Reagor and Jeffries are hurt. Very talented player 

Gesicki- He’s getting the hype. Dolphins might be pass heavy due to being a bad team. Gesicki started to come on last year after looking like a bust. Questions about his volume since Preston Williams will be back and looks like an emerging star. Also didn’t break any tackles last year. Crazy stat

Jarwin- a lot of experts hyping him up due to his target share. He could be solid, but idk if he is a good player. Those targets could go to 1st round pick Ceedee Lamb in 3 wideout sets. 

Herdon- Jets offense might be bad, but he can be a target monster. Last year was a lost year but Herndon had chemistry with Darnold during their rookie years. He’s a good football player who could see a lot of targets. 

Jonnu- taking over the Delani Walker role, and is a solid all around player. I think he could be a TE1 on that offense 

How would you rank them?

fant 

hock

herndon 

jonnu ?  

Will Fuller was among the most popular mid-round sleepers this year and if yesterday was any indication, he's going to make a lot of teams happy this year. I personally drafted him in the 6th round of a 12-team 2 keeper league, but was very bullish on him this year. Believe it or not, I had him as my WR9. The upside was just too great to ignore. 

He's missed a lot of games over his career so you can't simply dismiss it. He's averaged 10.5 games per season in his career, but if he manages to play 11 games this year, teams that drafted him as a WR2-4 are still going to benefit greatly. If he manages to play 14-16, I'm confident he'll end up as a top 12 receiver when its all said and done.

I expect him to average 8.5 targets per game, and when you factor in his career 61.2% catch rate (69.8% in 2018-19) coupled with more opportunities in the short-intermediate range with DeAndre Hopkins gone, Fuller is going to absolutely feast this season. 

Projected Stat Line 

13 games: 76 rec/111 tar, 1100 yards, 6 TDs      (14.2 ppg half PPR; 184 pts overall)