CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

10 hours ago, pf9 said:

These losses are made worse by the fact that Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence idolizes Peyton Manning, a player I deemed a coward for not joining the Browns in 2012 when he was a free agent, because he didn't want to play in the same division as Ben Rothlisberger.

He won an MVP and then a Super Bowl in Denver, and avoided one of the worst run organizations in the entire history of sports...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pf9 said:

if Art Modell isn't inducted why should Peyton be?

Granted I'm scouting the box scores here, but because  Peyton threw for 70,000 yards and 500 TDs compared to Art Modell's *checks notes* 0 yards and 0 TDs. If you've got some film of Modell slinging it around, feel free to share it.

In all seriousness, that type of question in front of Cleveland fans might actually get you murdered.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Granted I'm scouting the box scores here, but because  Peyton threw for 70,000 yards and 500 TDs compared to Art Modell's *checks notes* 0 yards and 0 TDs. If you've got some film of Modell slinging it around, feel free to share it.

The dude fired the two best coaches in the history of the NFL in BB and Paul Brown.

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In all seriousness, that type of question in front of Cleveland fans might actually get you murdered.

I was at a Colt's/Browns game a few years ago where Luck threw the game winning TD pass with 20 seconds left (believe it or not, the Browns were on the brink of the playoffs at about 7-5 that year), and after the game some guy thought it would be funny to go up to a Browns fan in the parking lot and make fun of him after a loss, then mentioned the name of "he who shouldn't be spoken", and then I heard a ***WHACK*** and his wife or girlfriend screamed/cried out as he laid on the ground bleeding from the nose. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And Peyton actually got a hometown stadium built.

EDIT: As an NFL refugee I can make that joke.

TBH, many people don't realize that a good many of us Browns fans blame the Transitive Property of the Colts (TPotC) for the Browns being forcefully and unjustly relocated, considering Indianapolis stole Baltimore's stole Cleveland's team, so that "fan base" of their "NFL Team" can go pound sand.

Just now, MWil23 said:

TBH, many people don't realize that a good many of us Browns fans blame the Transitive Property of the Colts (TPotC) for the Browns being forcefully and unjustly relocated, considering Indianapolis stole Baltimore's stole Cleveland's team, so that "fan base" of their "NFL Team" can go pound sand.

This explains why you've always been a fan of my Colts are actually a money laundering operation conspiracy theory. Which is getting more and more reasonable by the day tbh.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This explains why you've always been a fan of my Colts are actually a money laundering operation conspiracy theory. Which is getting more and more reasonable by the day tbh.

What do you mean conspiracy theory?

Sidenote: I always liked Andrew Luck, but watching him walk away and retire was one of my favorite "non Browns" moments of my professional football fandom. 10/10

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

Clearly I made a mistake in sharing my feelings about Peyton

Meanwhile I feel the Pac 12s best hope at playing in the fall would be a bubble in Boulder, which is the furthest removed from the west coast wildfires. 2 games each Thursday Friday Saturday.

19 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Rigging the system to exclude the best teams in order to create northern championships doesn't really check out. 

In a given year, it would be very likely that 7 of the top 8 teams in the final CFP poll would qualify for the playoff under my system. If my system had been in place from the beginning, every year only one team physically in the top 8 would have missed the playoff because of the limit of four teams to each side of the Mason-Dixon line. One of them would have been a UCF team that finished #8. Overall every top 8 team that would have been excluded was ranked either #7 or #8; the top 6 teams would have been in every year up through last year.

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Baltimore still doesn't put the Colts name up on the scoreboard when they show Indianapolis scores.  Yet there is a Johnny Unitas statue outside of the stadium, so I am wondering what's with one and not the other.  

That whole situation was crazy, and with social media the way it is now, the Colts moving away in the dead of night would never be able to happen today.