CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rutgers outbreak tracked to a party that some of the football team attended- https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/30/rutgers-football-covid-19-outbreak-on-campus-party/

I dont see a season happening. 

Not in the fall at least. Kids shouldn't even be going to campus. This **** will spread like wildfire

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

These people still think we're going to have football in the fall? I remember when I thought Santa was real. Basically feels like the same thing

shhhh....they're thinking about killing the NCAA. Let them draw up the paperwork first, then let them know CFB won't happen regardless.

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

shhhh....they're thinking about killing the NCAA. Let them draw up the paperwork first, then let them know CFB won't happen regardless.

The players letting the conferences kill the NCAA and then turning around and opting out of the season would be a power move a million times stronger than anything the NFLPA has ever done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Who is this Rolovich character for Washington State? He hardly seems to have the necessary clout to tell players they can’t join this coalition. 

As a UW fan, WSU seemingly botching this whole thing is fascinating to watch.  UW hardly has to fight WSU for recruits, but this controversy is a boon for schools like Boise, Oregon State, Montana and Hawaii.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2724561/how-michigan-and-alabama-lost-5-star-recruit-isaiah-wilson-is-unbelievable

Isaiah [Wilson] was recruited by every major school, but it came down to ‘Bama, Michigan, and Georgia. And for a long time, it seemed like Michigan and Jim Harbaugh had not just the lead, but a significant edge. 24/7 had him leaning 91% to be a Wolverine.

What happened? 

“We almost got you?” Taylor, the Michigan grad, asked.

“Harbaugh did something weird,” Isaiah replied. “He did something super weird.”

“What did he do?” Everyone on the Bus asked in unison.

“Remember when [Michigan] first got the deal with Jordan?” Isaiah began. ”[Harbaugh] just wouldn’t take off his cleats. He came to my in-home visit with cleats on his feet. And I have hardwood floors. And he’s just walking around with cleats bro. After that it was over.”

This is the best Jim Harbaugh story since we found out he does all of his typing in Excel.

• Like 2