CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

Damn, this Colt Brennan news sucks. I've told this story before, but:

the 2008 draft was the first one that I ever really followed. I was like......maybe 11 years old, and I was convinced that Colt Brennan was the next elite NFL QB. All I watched were his highlights and obviously I was a stupid kid so I had no idea what went into QB prospect evaluation or anything of the like, but the dude had an absolutely bananas highlight reel. 

So anyway, first of all, I was pretty irate with him "slipping" to the 5th round, and first thing I did after he was drafted was blow $80 plus shipping on his Washington jersey, thinking for sure that he was going to rise up the depth chart and become a star. Worth noting that this was my entire life savings up to this point, and $80 in kid money translates to roughly ~$1,000 in adult money. Needless to say, this never happened and it was a giant waste of money and I was dumb. Regardless, dude was an absolute beast in college. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Damn, this Colt Brennan news sucks. I've told this story before, but:

the 2008 draft was the first one that I ever really followed. I was like......maybe 11 years old, and I was convinced that Colt Brennan was the next elite NFL QB. All I watched were his highlights and obviously I was a stupid kid so I had no idea what went into QB prospect evaluation or anything of the like, but the dude had an absolutely bananas highlight reel. 

So anyway, first of all, I was pretty irate with him "slipping" to the 5th round, and first thing I did after he was drafted was blow $80 plus shipping on his Washington jersey, thinking for sure that he was going to rise up the depth chart and become a star. Worth noting that this was my entire life savings up to this point, and $80 in kid money translates to roughly ~$1,000 in adult money. Needless to say, this never happened and it was a giant waste of money and I was dumb. Regardless, dude was an absolute beast in college. 

1. REALLY sad news about Brennan.

2. I'm getting old considering you were 11 years old in 2008

3. I really hope that you have more than $1,000 in your life savings as an adult

Just now, MWil23 said:

1. REALLY sad news about Brennan.

2. I'm getting old considering you were 11 years old in 2008

3. I really hope that you have more than $1,000 in your life savings as an adult

Think about this: I was 11 years old in 2008 and now am a full blown adult, supposedly

and yes, to be clear, 80 bucks was my life savings at the time, given I had no source of income besides my weekly 3 dollar allowance that I received for doing household chores. As an adult, yes, I do have more than that as I do receive more than 3 dollars a week in income.

Just now, JiffyJag said:

Think about this: I was 11 years old in 2008 and now am a full blown adult, supposedly

I was a full blown adult in 2008, supposedly. :) 

Just now, JiffyJag said:

and yes, to be clear, 80 bucks was my life savings at the time, given I had no source of income besides my weekly 3 dollar allowance that I received for doing household chores. As an adult, yes, I do have more than that as I do receive more than 3 dollars a week in income.

Oh, that much I get, but I was thinking that you should have said something around the likes of "$80 was the equivalent of at least $10,000 in adult money". :) 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I was a full blown adult in 2008, supposedly. :) 

Oh, that much I get, but I was thinking that you should have said something around the likes of "$80 was the equivalent of at least $10,000 in adult money". :) 

Maybe if I say "$80 was the equivalent of at least $10 million in adult money" I can will it into existence 

Really sad news on Brennan but he's battled substance abuse even going back to his Hawaii days. My friend's sister was his girlfriend's roommate in college and they all partook in some nose candy on the regular together. Sucks to hear he was turned away from a detox shelter and OD'd just a few hours later. Fentanyl is nothing to screw around with.

Edited by beekay414

There will be 42 bowl games in FBS this season, not counting the title game.

Thus, 84 teams will be needed to fill bowl slots.

But in the modern era, there has never been more than 82 bowl-eligible teams in a given season.

What are the chances we don't have 84 teams nominally eligible this season?