CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

17 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

That's going to go over well, especially on the West Coast. Nice backhanded slap to your conference that would have been 5th in the World if they were competing in the last Olympics in the medal count.

There's got to be a better way to say that, like:

"We have done a lot of great things in various sports *insert 2 minute highlight speech from point of pride*. That said, we haven't been in the CFP since 2016 and while we're excited about UCLA's trip to the Final Four, it's hard to believe the last national champion we've had was back in 1996-1997 in Men's Basketball. These are focal points for us as a conference and we look forward to proving a lot of doubters wrong."

• 2 weeks later...

https://fbschedules.com/big-ten-early-season-2021-football-tv-schedule-announced/

OSU-UM once again set for noon. It really should be at night.

The Big Ten's refusal to stage night games on Thanksgiving weekend like the other P5 leagues and especially like the similar-footprint MAC is going to be a huge point of contention when their TV rights are up for renewal in two years.

If the Big Ten still refuses to budge, they could be facing an uphill battle in staying on TV beyond the 2023 season.

Perhaps Fox can get the NCAA to institute a rule requiring FBS conferences to stage at least one night game every week from Week 1 through Thanksgiving weekend. Fox is the one suffering the most from having to show OSU-UM at noon. In 2018, doing so effectively ceded the primetime ratings battle to ABC, as ND-USC far outrated a game between two middling Big 12 teams on Fox. And the network does not want to go through that on a regular basis.

Edited by pf9

Would you believe me if I told you Midwest viewers didn’t have much better to do at noon then watching the Ohio State-Michigan game? I would venture to say more people will watch at noon then there would be awake for an Ohio State-Michigan night game, especially if it is looking to be lopsided. 

TLDR let’s just roll out the Mason Dixon playoffs. 

15 hours ago, pf9 said:

If the Big Ten still refuses to budge, they could be facing an uphill battle in staying on TV beyond the 2023 season.

Possibly the hottest take in human history. I can dig it.

"Will the B1G's refusal to move a game into night night time kill the conference forever? More after these messages."

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Would you believe me if I told you Midwest viewers didn’t have much better to do at noon then watching the Ohio State-Michigan game? I would venture to say more people will watch at noon then there would be awake for an Ohio State-Michigan night game, especially if it is looking to be lopsided. 

TLDR let’s just roll out the Mason Dixon playoffs. 

The best argument for moving OSU Michigan to 8 PM is that Michigan sucks so bad it's no big deal if you fall asleep in the 4th quarter these days tbh.

• Like 1