CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

LMAO at the thought of the Rose Bowl having so much clout it could derail the expanded CFP.

If they are going to be stubborn and refuse to move their game, then just don't include them. Simple as that.

The idea that they'll give any kind of a crap if they have to strip the game from them once the 12 game TV numbers get announce is laughable. They'll do it in a heartbeat.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, RuskieTitan said:

SMH all these sponsorships are just going to make the game be about who can pay these players the most, instead of being fair and outrecruiting other programs. It's a shame that prestigious programs like Alabama and Clemson will be knocked down a notch by these payments.

Edited by NYRaider

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The hilarious part is that the NIL isn't supposed to be used as a recruiting advantage but Saban has been very public about BY getting $1M before even playing a snap. 

While Saban wouldn't divulge the specifics of the deals Young has signed, Saban said the total compensation is "almost seven figures.""And it's like, the guy hasn't even played yet," Saban said, according to The Athletic. "But that's because of our brand."

To all the 5 star recruits out there....

agnes.jpg

@beekay414 Web Apps America, a company that does stuff, and has 56 likes on Facebook just gave Hercy Miller (Master P's son) a $2,000,000 endorsement deal. The ROI of investing $2M into a 0* recruit that's going to play at power house Tennessee State will be very good.

I wonder how many companies that do stuff will also be handing out huge endorsement deals. 

Seems like the NIL as currently structured will legitimately just be boosters forming fake companies that funnel money to guys as opposed to real endorsement deals.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:24 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

College football quickly becoming a massive joke.

This one actually seems like a pretty legitimate endorsement deal in comparison to a lot of the other deals. Like 10% of Miami's roster will go on to play in the NFL. ATT is one of, if not the, best MMA training facilities in the world. ATT knows that these guys are elite athletes, most of who will never make it to the league. So building relationships with them now gives them a nice pool of potential fighters they can recruit to come train at their gym down the road. We've seen Greg Hardy have so-so results in the UFC but he also started training pretty late in his career. It's not a huge financial investment from ATT to pay like $500,000 to have access to these guys because if even 1-2 of them ever go the MMA route and finds success, their gym could actually get a really solid ROI. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This one actually seems like a pretty legitimate endorsement deal in comparison to a lot of the other deals. Like 10% of Miami's roster will go on to play in the NFL. ATT is one of, if not the, best MMA training facilities in the world. ATT knows that these guys are elite athletes, most of who will never make it to the league. So building relationships with them now gives them a nice pool of potential fighters they can recruit to come train at their gym down the road. We've seen Greg Hardy have so-so results in the UFC but he also started training pretty late in his career. It's not a huge financial investment from ATT to pay like $500,000 to have access to these guys because if even 1-2 of them ever go the MMA route and finds success, their gym could actually get a really solid ROI. 

Yeah this actually makes a ton of sense. It doesn't just cater to 1 or 2 players, rather the whole team and the benefits work both ways. 

The players can make some money and potentially find a new passion. 

ATT gets increased local awareness and a potential pool of future fighters. 

Idk about everywhere, but I know MMA gyms in a few areas I've lived have also done A LOT in terms of working with the community and local youth in building up the community and trying to keep folks out of trouble. While it may seem a bit Karate Kid-like, there's something to be said about results. I think being associated with an MMA gym can add a level of maturity and discipline to college football rosters that they may otherwise not get in the lockeroom.

I think a few MMA gyms have gotten a lackluster reputation over the years thanks in part to Dana White having a fetish for flair and drama. But look at what Bob and Ken did with the Lion's Den. I personally think this is  wonderful idea more programs would do well to at least explore going forward. Kudos to ATT and whoever at Miami got this set up.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The hilarious part is that the NIL isn't supposed to be used as a recruiting advantage but Saban has been very public about BY getting $1M before even playing a snap. 

NIL came from a Court decision. I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court doesn't care about recruiting, but if someone wants to leak Amy Comey Barrett's TigerDroppings account I'm all about it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

NIL came from a Court decision. I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court doesn't care about recruiting, but if someone wants to leak Amy Comey Barrett's TigerDroppings account I'm all about it.

Strongly disagree. After hearing lawyers bicker all day, I can think of nothing better for a Justice than logging into 247 and reading the true intellectuals of our time in community threads. You think it actually takes a long time to decide cases? No, they’re just busy explaining how the rankings are broken and the site is shilling for team x. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, winitall said:

Strongly disagree. After hearing lawyers bicker all day, I can think of nothing better for a Justice than logging into 247 and reading the true intellectuals of our time in community threads. You think it actually takes a long time to decide cases? No, they’re just busy explaining how the rankings are broken and the site is shilling for team x. 

I wasn't joking when I said leak ACB's Tigerdroppings account. 

On 7/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Didn't California kind of force the NCAA's hand with their ruling on allowing kids to profit off of their likeness? 

The NCAA has literally came out and said that the NIL isn't supposed to be used for recruiting advantages. 

While NIL opportunities are not to be used as recruiting endorsements, the NCAA also says “prospective student-athletes may engage in the same types of NIL opportunities available to current student-athletes under the interim policy without impacting their NCAA eligibility.” 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, animaltested said:

Cant wait the first brand name drop in a post game interview:

"Id like to thank god, my mom, Bobs AC Solutions, and Toms BBQ House, for believing in me, and leading me here".

Thank you to Web Apps of America for paying me $4M to promote their brand so I could support myself during my career at Alabama.