CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

If the XFL got off the ground running and became successful, that would change things. They could work out a deal with the NFL and obliterate college football.

At the end of the day, the NFL could end NCAA football if it wanted to. Just allow all 18+ year olds to be eligible. However, there’s no incentive because college is a free farm system. 

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

At the end of the day, the NFL could end NCAA football if it wanted to. Just allow all 18+ year olds to be eligible. However, there’s no incentive because college is a free farm system. 

There's not many 18 year olds who have the physical makeup to compete against guys who have been in the league as long as some NFL guys. They'd get broke in half. These kids bodies are still developing. I don't think that the NFL could ruin it, in this scenario, at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

There's not many 18 year olds who have the physical makeup to compete against guys who have been in the league as long as some NFL guys. They'd get broke in half. These kids bodies are still developing. I don't think that the NFL could ruin it, in this scenario, at all

Yeah the NFL would be dumb to open it up to 18+. About 95% of guys are in no way physical enough to play in the NFL out of HS. We have seen absolute stud HS kids just flat out bust in college. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah the NFL would be dumb to open it up to 18+. About 95% of guys are in no way physical enough to play in the NFL out of HS. We have seen absolute stud HS kids just flat out bust in college. 

Yeah. They'd have to increase rounds of the draft and make it so you could stash X amount of picks for 3 years on a practice squad without other teams poaching them. Would be a huge headache to figure out how you'd handle it contract wise taking a guy you know wouldn't play for 2 or 3 years.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

There's not many 18 year olds who have the physical makeup to compete against guys who have been in the league as long as some NFL guys. They'd get broke in half. These kids bodies are still developing. I don't think that the NFL could ruin it, in this scenario, at all.

Okay, then like I suggested with the XFL.  

XFL reaches an agreement with the NFL to be a developmental league.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Okay, then like I suggested with the XFL.  

XFL reaches an agreement with the NFL to be a developmental league.

I think this is more plausible but the fact remains the same that these would be kids, whose bodies are still developing (for the most part), against grown *** men who have been working out and maxed their bodies for years. I just feel it'd still be too violent for the youngans but I'm not an expert by any means

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think this is more plausible but the fact remains the same that these would be kids, whose bodies are still developing (for the most part), against grown *** men who have been working out and maxed their bodies for years. I just feel it'd still be too violent for the youngans but I'm not an expert by any means

I think what he's suggesting is that it replace the NCAA and specifically be a league for 18-22 year olds, much like the NCAA is now.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think what he's suggesting is that it replace the NCAA and specifically be a league for 18-22 year olds, much like the NCAA is now.

That would never last unless the NFL subsidized it, which they won’t because they have no interest in losing money. It would fail just like every other alternate pro football league has failed. Rich old guys pay players under the table because they want their school to win. 100k+ fans travel far and wide and drop four figures in given weekends to watch their college football team win. The rich guy isn’t pouring money into getting wins for the Memphis Wildcats and 100,000 people aren’t flocking to Nebraska to watch Maurice Clarett play for the Omaha Nighthawks. 

Yeha, players should get more than they do now. But the ugly truth is that the big money is in the college brand, not in the individual players. I would never drop a thousand bucks to watch Saquon Barkley play for the Altoona Knights. But I sure as hell dragged my *** 200 miles + to watch Penn State play in the Whiteout against Michigan or Ohio State.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

They clearly care so much about their players' health, just sign away your rights and let's play some footbaw!

there are lots of things someone can put in their twitter bio that are red flags. "country music" is just about at the top of that list

• Like 1