CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

• 2 weeks later...

Guice being accused of raping two women as a freshman at LSU. Apparently everyone knew including Coach O who had this to say (2nd paragraph):

"The former boyfriend redshirted his freshman year and said he steered clear of Guice because “I probably would have lost my (expletive) on him.” But he said LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron brought up the subject of his then-girlfriend and Guice about a year after the alleged assault, telling the athlete that he shouldn’t be bothered by it. 

“(Orgeron) said, ‘Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people,’” the former player told USA TODAY."

Apparently it was known by a lot of people but never investigated.

"USA TODAY investigation found that the women’s allegations were shared at the time with multiple people at the school — including at least two coaches, an athletics administrator and a nurse — yet the school does not appear to have investigated".

I'm sure people will be looking into it now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/08/19/ex-washington-nfl-player-derrius-guice-accused-rape-while-lsu/3391053001/

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Apparently it was known by a lot of people but never investigated.

"USA TODAY investigation found that the women’s allegations were shared at the time with multiple people at the school — including at least two coaches, an athletics administrator and a nurse — yet the school does not appear to have investigated".

I'm sure people will be looking into it now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/08/19/ex-washington-nfl-player-derrius-guice-accused-rape-while-lsu/3391053001/

The police?

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Nothing is going to happen. LSU = SEC = ESPN affiliation = no media mob. However, in a sports world where there is nothing to cover, who knows, maybe this will gain some traction. Definitely disgusting, if the story is an accurate picture. 

"Entire University Aware of Rape Allegations Against Star Football Player, Does Nothing" is a national news story, not just a sports story. It already trended number one on twitter by the time ESPN was running it. Nobody could squash this news.

And, if any of this is true, the Department of Education should snap some latex gloves on and ask the LSU administration to cough.

https://joanniesen.substack.com/p/ive-only-been-scared-while-doing

Ruh roh

"The next morning, my phone buzzed. It was a text from a 225 area code: Baton Rouge. I don’t have the message anymore, and I wasn’t able to recover it from a backup, but I haven’t forgotten the gist of it: Why the **** are you poking around my life, get out of my business or else."

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Entire University Aware of Rape Allegations Against Star Football Player, Does Nothing" is a national news story, not just a sports story. It already trended number one on twitter by the time ESPN was running it. Nobody could squash this news.

And, if any of this is true, the Department of Education should snap some latex gloves on and ask the LSU administration to cough.

I’m from the future. I’ve come to tell you that: Coach O wasn’t fired nor scrutinized by media, LSU wasn’t penalized and didn’t lose recruits, but Guice did go to jail. 

Do you believe me?