CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

8 hours ago, August4th said:

I saw an article where over 500 Alabama students have tested positive for Covid.  As I was discussing with someone at my church a few weekends ago, if there isn't a party to find, college kids will create one.  The leadership of all of these schools should have known better. 

On 8/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, Duluther said:

I’m from the future. I’ve come to tell you that: Coach O wasn’t fired nor scrutinized by media, LSU wasn’t penalized and didn’t lose recruits, but Guice did go to jail. 

Do you believe me?

This story is already lost in the weeds. 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I saw an article where over 500 Alabama students have tested positive for Covid.  As I was discussing with someone at my church a few weekends ago, if there isn't a party to find, college kids will create one.  The leadership of all of these schools should have known better. 

The one thing I haven't seen is whether any of those 500 are football players (or other athletes). If not that may actually be good support for allowing athletics to continue since it would indicate the protocols for them is working. Having the whole student body on campus, though, is just dumb

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alabama has 33,000+ students for undergrad alone. That's 1.5% testing positive. (I understand that there's obviously more positives walking around)

10 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Alabama has 33,000+ students for undergrad alone. That's 1.5% testing positive. (I understand that there's obviously more positives walking around)

How many cases did they have at the start of class? And how long was it before 1.5% of the student body tested positive.

Viruses spread exponentially. The rapid acceleration of the case rate here is the danger, not the raw number of cases (yet).