CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

Right now, the ideal ACC title game matchup would be Notre Dame VS. Pittsburgh.

That means the winner of their regular season game would have to finish undefeated, while the loser can only lose that particular game.

I think it would be very refreshing if the ACC title game didn't include Clemson this year, let alone the Playoff. I'm not holding my breath for a playoff that neither has Bama or Clemson. Bama is sure to rebound from their down year last year, while Clemson is due for one themselves.

Furthermore, ND being able to qualify for the ACC spot in the Orange Bowl should be made permanent in the wake of last year's fiasco, where Clemson qualified for a playoff spot (and should have been so fat from all those cupcake opponents that they couldn't keep up with OSU, who had a schedule with far more nutritional value) yet no other full-fledged ACC school was worthy of the conference spot in the Orange Bowl, but Notre Dame was.

Up until last season, no team ranked below #20 in the final CFP poll qualified for a NY6 game. This was ruined by a technicality, that should be eliminated.

11 hours ago, pf9 said:

Furthermore, ND being able to qualify for the ACC spot in the Orange Bowl should be made permanent in the wake of last year's fiasco, where Clemson qualified for a playoff spot (and should have been so fat from all those cupcake opponents that they couldn't keep up with OSU, who had a schedule with far more nutritional value) yet no other full-fledged ACC school was worthy of the conference spot in the Orange Bowl, but Notre Dame was.

Up until last season, no team ranked below #20 in the final CFP poll qualified for a NY6 game. This was ruined by a technicality, that should be eliminated.

It's two fold. I see where you are coming from, and agree to some extent, but it also sets up the opportunity to just further overrate ND more than they already get. 

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

If they want the Beni fits of the conference...they gotta join the conference.

until then, they don’t deserve any of the perks

What if OSU decides to go indie in football but remain Big Ten in other sports, and the Big Ten champ makes the playoff but OSU ranks above all other schools in the Big Ten proper, yet because OSU is not in Big Tenn football they can't go to the Rose Bowl?

You'd be saying the same things I am saying now.

28 minutes ago, pf9 said:

What if OSU decides to go indie in football but remain Big Ten in other sports, and the Big Ten champ makes the playoff but OSU ranks above all other schools in the Big Ten proper, yet because OSU is not in Big Tenn football they can't go to the Rose Bowl?

You'd be saying the same things I am saying now.

absolutely, Yes.

you want the perks of the conference, you have to me a member of said confrence.

Imagine this: OSU is indie in football, Wisconsin is #1 in the final CFP poll, while OSU is ranked #13. No other Big Ten teams are between them, yet the next-highest Big Ten team, say Penn State, is only #24.

Penn State gets the Rose Bowl bid, and somehow OSU doesn't qualify for a New Year's Six game.

Surely this wouldn't sit well with you.

Imagine this:

You have a storied history and haven't been relevant on the national contender scale since 1988, with a couple of outlier appearances, in which you got your teeth kicked in by Clemson and Alabama, thus proving how far behind you actually were/are. 

The ND-Alabama game doesn't matter to me anymore because ND had to vacate all their wins from that year as well as the next (this scandal somehow didn't cost Brian Kelly his job, like similar things have resulted in coaching changes).

The 2019 Virginia Cavaliers are as far as I'm concerned, the winner of the "Least Deserving of Their New Year's Six Appearance for the 2014-19 Bowl Cycle" award. If it weren't for the technicality, the "award" would have gone to the 2015 Oklahoma State Cowboys who lost the Sugar Bowl to Ole Miss (who also vacated that win). TCU was the higher-ranked Big 12 non-champion, yet they lost to OKST in the regular season so the Cowboys sneaked into the Sugar Bowl.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine this:

You have a storied history and haven't been relevant on the national contender scale since 1988, with a couple of outlier appearances, in which you got your teeth kicked in by Clemson and Alabama, thus proving how far behind you actually were/are. 

The only way Notre Dame should even be considered for a conference is if Brian Kelly has to carry a wind chime with him at all times as a warning bell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The only way Notre Dame should even be considered for a conference is if Brian Kelly has to carry a wind chime with him at all times as a warning bell.

I'd like to propose a conference that has Brian Kelly, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Gundy, Jimbo Fisher, Dabo Swinney, James Franklin, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer whenever he comes out of retirement.

24 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Imagine this: OSU is indie in football, Wisconsin is #1 in the final CFP poll, while OSU is ranked #13. No other Big Ten teams are between them, yet the next-highest Big Ten team, say Penn State, is only #24.

Penn State gets the Rose Bowl bid, and somehow OSU doesn't qualify for a New Year's Six game.

Surely this wouldn't sit well with you.

If they felt the need to not be in the big 10....why would i care about where they would slot in the big 10.

IF YOU WANT THE PERKS OF THE CONFRENCE....BE IN THE CONFRENCE.

I don't know how else to put this for you to comprehend....

• Like 2