Fun Re-Read, Hiring of Rivera

RSkinGM

Went back and re-read most that thread . Amazing the top to bottom thoughts on the hiring . General consensus seemed to be we needed a veteran coach and it was the best we could do.

I recently read a stat- his first two years in Carolina, he was 2 - 14 in games decided by touchdown or less. Very very conservative . He thought he was going to be fired and became much more aggressive . The River Boat Ron moniker emerged I guess.  He has 3-4 record in the Playoffs. I'm in the hopeful category but having trouble working up a lot of enthusiasm .

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, RSkinGM said:

Went back and re-read most that thread . Amazing the top to bottom thoughts on the hiring . General consensus seemed to be we needed a veteran coach and it was the best we could do.

I recently read a stat- his first two years in Carolina, he was 2 - 14 in games decided by touchdown or less. Very very conservative . He thought he was going to be fired and became much more aggressive . The River Boat Ron moniker emerged I guess.  He has 3-4 record in the Playoffs. I'm in the hopeful category but having trouble working up a lot of enthusiasm .

I was down on him for the Scott Turner hire, but I think that's going to be a really good one after I learned more about him.  He will certainly be more aggressive than Mike Shula was, and is in tune right now with current NFL trends and analytics.  

Still pretty down on the hire overall, but that is primarily due to giving him more control than just coaching.  

22 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We need that gif game tomorrow.  Make sure you bring it Turtle 

The GIF game was a tad rough early going, but I think that's due to a lack of preseason games. The crew picked it up as the game went on.