Quarter Through Mock

Bowler1215

Bears pick 6th overall no trades

1 WR Equanimeous St. Brown-We need a deep threat badly

2 OLB Clelin Ferrel-We're thin at LB as well and another pass rusher

4 C Bradley Bozeman-Grasu can't stay healthy, and this allows Whitehair to play guard.

4  WR  Brandon Powell-Double down on WRs

5 DE Jerry Tillery-Can't have too many pass rushers

6 QB Kyle Allen-We need a back up QB

7 Safety Drue Tranquill-We'll need help here as well

WR in the first round?  You are clearly obsessed with fantasy football.

Lol, sorry, channeling my inner Bearable.  But anyways, I don't really know anything about the players, haven't followed college football this year.  But the positions seem to be well aligned with our needs.  I would probably look at a RT over a center, but thats one of the few changes I would suggest based on positional need.

The bears will be in quite a draft dilemma this year.  At 6 the bears should have a chance to draft either a top tier left tackle or an OLB.  I would rather the bears went WR in FA and draft a Key, Laundry or a LT and then go WR in round 2-4.     

I'm never a fan of drafting WRs in the first round. They take too long to develop. I'd prefer we went OL or LB/pass rusher. To be honest, I think Pace is of this mind, too. Bringing the line play up and controlling the line of scrimmage has been an emphasis of his ever since he got here. I think he'd prefer to go that way in the first round this year, too.

The FA class for WRs is pretty good this year. Not that Pace is ever one to splash money in FA, but this year's WR FA class has a lot of solid #2 guys, which sort of aligns with his strategy of snatching up Tier 2 guys and hoping one of them takes the jump. I could see him going out and grabbing Floyd and Bryant to go along with Wheaton, and then walking into the draft confident that he's got enough good weapons that he doesn't need a great one. We could then grab Connor Williams or Orlando Brown in the first round, who could spend their first year at LG before eventually taking over for Leno.

10 hours ago, HHRedRookHH said:

I'm never a fan of drafting WRs in the first round. They take too long to develop. I'd prefer we went OL or LB/pass rusher. To be honest, I think Pace is of this mind, too. Bringing the line play up and controlling the line of scrimmage has been an emphasis of his ever since he got here. I think he'd prefer to go that way in the first round this year, too.

The FA class for WRs is pretty good this year. Not that Pace is ever one to splash money in FA, but this year's WR FA class has a lot of solid #2 guys, which sort of aligns with his strategy of snatching up Tier 2 guys and hoping one of them takes the jump. I could see him going out and grabbing Floyd and Bryant to go along with Wheaton, and then walking into the draft confident that he's got enough good weapons that he doesn't need a great one. We could then grab Connor Williams or Orlando Brown in the first round, who could spend their first year at LG before eventually taking over for Leno.

Albert Wilson, Marqise Lee, and Paul Richardson are all very interesting to me. I think Wilson in particular is not anywhere near his ceiling as the #3 option in KC.

55 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Albert Wilson, Marqise Lee, and Paul Richardson are all very interesting to me. I think Wilson in particular is not anywhere near his ceiling as the #3 option in KC.

I have Wilson on my first mock cause I want us to pick up Matt Nagy but I agree he brings a lot of value because he can do so much.

We need a premier pass rusher in the 1st round, because it's really hard to find them outside of that.  An OLB with prototypical size to pair with a speed rusher like Floyd, with our D-line, that defense starts to become pretty formidable.

After that we focus on BPA with preference to the Offense.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:23 PM, Madmike90 said:

I have Wilson on my first mock cause I want us to pick up Matt Nagy but I agree he brings a lot of value because he can do so much.

That would be an awfully underwhelming hire given whose available... wouldn't even be top 5 on my list. 

On 10/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, pigsooie5 said:

That would be an awfully underwhelming hire given whose available... wouldn't even be top 5 on my list. 

The thing is who would be Top 5?...for me there is no knock out assistant out there right now so I would be looking at what else people can bring with them...a big reason McVay got the LA job was because he promised Phillips...if Nagy could do the same with the likes of Bowles or some of the other's from Reid's coaching tree then that combo gives me more faith than getting some of these other guys.

My worry about Nagy is that he doesn't call plays. That is an art form and I would like someone who has called them in multiple games against multiple different defenses and coordinators.

I do love the Chiefs offense and I think it would be PERFECT for the Bears.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My worry about Nagy is that he doesn't call plays. That is an art form and I would like someone who has called them in multiple games against multiple different defenses and coordinators.

I do love the Chiefs offense and I think it would be PERFECT for the Bears.

McVay only called plays for a season...Doug Pederson never called plays before getting the Philly job...I agree it is something that you need to have a feel for but I doubt Andy Reid would have him around if he didn't think he was capable.

Archived