Antonio Brown announces retirement for the second time

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Shame this man is crazy. One of the most talented and productive WRs ever. Despite only being 5'10" he outproduced all these physically gifted 6'3" cats

A lot of people don't fully realize how hard he had to work to get to where he was though.  He came a long way from being drafted in the 6th round and having to play slot behind Mike Wallace before he actually got his chance.  

Dude wasn't all that naturally talented.  

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

A lot of people don't fully realize how hard he had to work to get to where he was though.  He came a long way from being drafted in the 6th round and having to play slot behind Mike Wallace before he actually got his chance.  

Dude wasn't all that naturally talented.  

Naturally talented, or just came from a small school?  Or did the scouts whiff on him?  I mean, arguably the best receivers to come out of the 2019 draft as far as production is concerned were AJ Brown (2nd) and Terry McLaurin (3rd) so round positioning doesn't necessarily do it.  

I'm also not saying hard work doesn't pay off.  Terrell Owens was a third round pick out of Chattanooga and constantly worked on his hands every day after practice catching footballs from the machine.  

But talent can come from anywhere.  

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Naturally talented, or just came from a small school?  Or did the scouts whiff on him?  I mean, arguably the best receivers to come out of the 2019 draft as far as production is concerned were AJ Brown (2nd) and Terry McLaurin (3rd) so round positioning doesn't necessarily do it.  

I'm also not saying hard work doesn't pay off.  Terrell Owens was a third round pick out of Chattanooga and constantly worked on his hands every day after practice catching footballs from the machine.  

But talent can come from anywhere.  

Scouts just whiffed. Brown should have been a top ten pick. The same with Owens. Small school blues. 

• Like 1

It sucks that he's probably ruined his legacy.

One of the best offensive players I have ever seen.  AB was un-guard-able.  He could beat you any kind of way and he was consistent about it too - dude never seemed to have an off game.  I think I would take his peak over Calvin Johnson.

I hope he's able to still make the Hall of Fame one day, even though his fall-off was all on him.  

7 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

You're a clown if you even liked him from the start.  

People want to say that Burfict messed him up, but the dude was always that way.  

He wasn't the type of blue collar, humble football player the we had for decades (and still do).  

Neither was LeVeon Bell.  But, what was really disgusting about it all was how the Rooneys tolerated it for so long.  They let them leave on their own terms.  

Antonio Brown didn't care about winning a Super Bowl whatsoever.  Once a clown, always a clown.  

I am heartbroken that I dont have your validation for previously liking Antonio Brown.   We all seek to live up to your lofty standards, Rambler.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Its too bad he couldn't keep is crazy at bay long enough for a season with Brady. Wouldve been interesting to see. 

I mean he was being quiet with the Patriots until the allegations came out and he went very emotional in response which was his crime. I feel like Kraft didn't get rid of him because of that either it was more of a he's going to be suspended anyway and he is just being troublesome at this point.

1 hour ago, Drained said:

He is. He's already a HoFer lets be honest

No, he's not. He had a very dominant run, but he's barely top 25 in any specific category, he doesn't have any historic moments to depend on...and his off-the-field behavior ensures he's on the outside.

Only way Antonio Brown gets into the HoF is if he buys a ticket.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Drained said:

He is. He's already a HoFer lets be honest

I don't think he gets in, but it wouldn't be the worst crime if he did.

I think the league and voting will have a lot of decisions like this coming up with shorter tenures but big impacts in the truncated careers, so I Do believe that there is an opening. But we have seen voters hold locker room and attitude against guys, and he doesn't have TO's bulk numbers to supplement his craziness.