Julie Donaldson replaces Larry Michael

RSkinGM

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, I made this comment years ago to my Dad. I'm surprised Yankee hasn't come up before.

Yeah, same situation.  It's in wikipedia/dictionaries as an ethnic slur.  But I think it is above our pay grade which slurs offend the wrong(or right) people.  Clearly someone much smarter than us decides that :)

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Chicks a weirdo. I liked him a lot but I think his twitter kinda alludes to the reason he wasn’t brought back. 

Julie Donaldson is pretty awesome. Does an extremely good job with her reporting and she’s easy on the eyes as well. I like the hire and think she’ll flourish. 

So is this what we are looking at for the booth:

1)Julie Donaldson lead/mediator of booth

2)? Play by play 

3)Cooley color commentary

That could be fun.  Like any of these booth situations, it is all about the sum of the parts and how they mesh.  I think it is pretty challenging to find a smoothly working team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m not referring to that, I’m referring to behind the scenes things for the organization, nothing related to on the air 

Yeah, I was agreeing with you and just saying what I had just heard on NBC Channel 4 local news.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Chicks a weirdo. I liked him a lot but I think his twitter kinda alludes to the reason he wasn’t brought back. 

Julie Donaldson is pretty awesome. Does an extremely good job with her reporting and she’s easy on the eyes as well. I like the hire and think she’ll flourish. 

Dude, I dig Chicks haha 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Yeah, same situation.  It's in wikipedia/dictionaries as an ethnic slur.  But I think it is above our pay grade which slurs offend the wrong(or right) people.  Clearly someone much smarter than us decides that :)

And we will leave this conversation done here :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure what he is reading between the lines that I didn't see but:

That said, I'd all but guarantee AT LEAST one of them wouldn't be back. 

I rather like Cooley and Smoot. Portis? Yeah. I wouldn't be sad for him to go.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure what he is reading between the lines that I didn't see but:

That said, I'd all but guarantee AT LEAST one of them wouldn't be back. 

While I think a balance is important, I do really like the effort they have made to retain old players and involve them in the media side.  What can I say, I am a redskins fan, I support the players and I think they also have great insight.

• Like 1

I like Cooley.  Smoot at least is excited and a character.  Portis just seems like he is mailing it in and doesn't want to be there.  I have already told you guys my story about him, and even though he got caught in an investment scheme, this guy was also wasting money so I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.  If he goes, I won't feel bad about it.