Chris Simms' Top 10 WRs

Chargers

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He'll be worse.

I don't think so - he's a big guy with a pretty big catch radius. He won't get the targets, he won't get the 17+ YPR, but he'll still put up really good numbers across the board.

Guys who do it all and are consistent and also draw doubles and matchup zones and brackets all game.

1) Julio Jones

2) Nuk Hopkins 

Guys who do it all and are consistent

3) Mike Evans

4) Odell Beckham

5) A.J. Green

6) A.J. Brown

7) Chris Godwin

Guys who do 2-3 things exceptionally well but have a hole in their game the guys ahead of them don't.

8) Tyreek Hill (doesn't go over the middle and can't take a hit)

9) Michael Thomas (can't go deep effectively and doesn't have breakaway speed for YAC)

10) Stephon Diggs (has issues with consistency, sometimes blows up, sometimes is trash)

Edited by scar988

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't think so - he's a big guy with a pretty big catch radius. He won't get the targets, he won't get the 17+ YPR, but he'll still put up really good numbers across the board.

Brady's arm is dead at this point. He and Brees can't throw it over 20 yards down field effectively.

Just now, scar988 said:

Brady's arm is dead at this point. He and Brees can't throw it over 20 yards down field effectively.

Hence the catch radius playing a big role in it - Brady doesn't have to be incredibly accurate, he can throw it to a spot and Evans can use his size and athleticism to box out guys and make a play.

It won't be identical to what Michael Thomas and Drew Brees just did, but it'll still be a very solid pairing.

39 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Absolute myth.

ETclFepXYAIKfm1?format=png&name=small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL2N5o9XY0c

"The tape showed to us that he had plenty of arm. In fact, we thought that he had an ideal arm for Bruce in his system,"

“We did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever and in fact we felt like he could play for over two years for us. Hopefully, that’s the case.”

It's easy to think his arm has fallen off if you check stats and a few bad plays, but the reality is, his arm hasn't changed (wasn't exactly elite arm strength anyway) it was the decision making that took a step back. Some very iffy throws last season that were never there. You can argue that that's born out of frustration at the lack of separation I suppose. But if you watch the games, arm strength is pretty much where it's been for a few years.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hence the catch radius playing a big role in it - Brady doesn't have to be incredibly accurate, he can throw it to a spot and Evans can use his size and athleticism to box out guys and make a play.

It won't be identical to what Michael Thomas and Drew Brees just did, but it'll still be a very solid pairing.

TB had one of his better deep thow seasons last season. I get why it wouldn't seem like that though. 

40.2% completion percentage, 11.7 yards per attempt, 102.1 Passer Rating 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

this is doubtless influenced by watching my team get eviscerated by him twice a season for the last 7 years, but i've got deandre hopkins as my number 1. let's see....

1. deandre hopkins

2. julio jones

3. michael thomas

4. mike evans

5. tyreek hill

that's top tier for me. each of those guys has a legit case for #1 imo. distance between them is quite small.

6. OBJ

7. keenan allen

8. davante adams

9. amari cooper

10. stefon diggs

honorable mention/watchlist: aj green (fully healthy he makes the list), chris godwin, aj brown, terry mclaurin

top of my head so i may have forgotten someone obvious

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from twitter

"The full list of WRs who have 4,000 rec yards and 40 rec TD since 2016:

- Davante Adams

That's the full list." 

He's definitely top 10/fringe top 10. I like Adams a lot, but I don't think he's on the same level as guys like Julio or Hopkins.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What makes Thomas better than Julio, other than volume stats playing with a HOFer?

Are we going to pretend that Thomas wasn’t just as successful with not-HOFer Teddy Bridgewater, that Julio is allergic to paydirt, and that Thomas has a higher YPC than Nuk last year?

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Are we going to pretend that Thomas wasn’t just as successful with not-HOFer Teddy Bridgewater, that Julio is allergic to paydirt, and that Thomas has a higher YPC than Nuk last year?

"JuLiO jOnEs DoEsN't ScOrE tOuChDoWnS"

What a joke of a take. Michael Thomas is the only legit scoring option outside of Alvin Kamara on the Saints offense. Atlanta has always had a good No. 2 who does just as well in the red zone as Julio so they don't have to force him the ball. Stop with the tired takes. TDs are a function of the offense. Not of the player.

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Are we going to pretend that Thomas wasn’t just as successful with not-HOFer Teddy Bridgewater

That makes sense, considering Brees and Teddy B are both dink and dunk passers, which is where Thomas excels.

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

that Julio is allergic to paydirt

You say this as if Thomas has ever had double-digit TD's, even with a HOF QB and one of the greatest offensive minds of this generation.

Are we going to ignore that Jones can do everything Thomas can do, and much more given his superior athleticism, his superior route-running, his superior balance and his superior catch radius?  It would have been unfair for the league pairing Jones with Brees and Payton.

• Like 1