TOP 10 Blue Blood Programs

Texansfan713

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Who knows. It's a meaningless benchmark. It's like saying if a Yankee has earned their pinstripes. It doesn't mean anything and we pretend that there's culture and history there.

Miss me with them Stankees and their Gymshorts

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

PLEASE CONTINUE

RTmf'ingB

@beekay414, @Ozzy, @ramssuperbowl99, @JammerHammer21

I said with the definition he used. Historical greatness and you can't lose it. Minnesota was unquestionably one of the dominant programs in the 30's into the 40's. Obviously they haven't been good for a long time, but if you can't lose it then that shouldn't matter?

If it wasn't clear, which it should have been, I wasn't suggesting Minnesota is a blue blood. I was pointing out why that definition is too strict. It becomes both over and under inclusive

On 7/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, MikeT14 said:

That was pretty tough. I'm with you keeping Nebraska out, but it was close. Otherwise I have, what, 8 of the same Top 10? Make sense. 

When was the last time Tennessee was relevant?  They've won 10+ games once in the last 15 years.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

When was the last time Tennessee was relevant?  They've won 10+ games once in the last 15 years.

It's a fair point. I debated putting them on there or not. I was struggling leaving them off more than Nebraska though. 

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If we want to include Minnesota, where do you rank the Pitt Panthers all time? They have a very strong history.

It’s really crazy some of the all time great NFL talents they’ve produced.

They're still producing an impressive amount of greats, even without a dominant collegiate product.  Fitzgerald, Shady, Donald, Revis, Andy Lee has been one of the better punters for 15 years.  Tyler Boyd has been productive.   Fitz, Donald and Revis are probably all HoF'ers.  McCoy will have a case, and Lee will have his name brought up.  Their professional alum base has far outpaced their program.

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a fair point. I debated putting them on there or not. I was struggling leaving them off more than Nebraska though. 

Why? Nebraska has more wins, both have the same amount of unclaimed/claimed National Titles and both last won one in the late 90s. Nebraska have seven 10 win seasons since their last natty and Tennessee has 3.