What's a good alternative name for American Football?

TecmoSuperJoe

I was just thinking it would be cool to have a name that doesn't get confused with Soccer/football how it's known around the rest of the globe. Wouldn't have to be "insert name-ball", but it could be a single word like Rugby too. In the football we know, throwing the ball forward is a key element that distinguishes itself from other types of "football". So I don't know, something like Skyball, Cloudball. Maybe just Tackleball, which I could get used to. Blitzball as a name from Final Fantasy X was cool. Yardball? Crashball? Armorball? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I was just thinking it would be cool to have a name that doesn't get confused with Soccer/football how it's known around the rest of the globe. Wouldn't have to be "insert name-ball", but it could be a single word like Rugby too. In the football we know, throwing the ball forward is a key element that distinguishes itself from other types of "football". So I don't know, something like Skyball, Cloudball. Maybe just Tackleball, which I could get used to. Blitzball as a name from Final Fantasy X was cool. Yardball? Crashball? Armorball? 

They all already have names...

”American” football = gridiron football

”Soccer” = Association football

”Rugby” = rugby football (rugby union and rugby league variants 

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

They all already have names...

”American” football = gridiron football

”Soccer” = Association football

”Rugby” = rugby football (rugby union and rugby league variants 

American "football"/gridiron football still has "football" in either name. I'm looking for something that unique that doesn't piggyback off an already established name i.e. football. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Rugby is called rugby because that's where it was invented. Whereabouts was Football invented?

New Brunswick, apparently. So...The National New Brunswick League.