Packers Forum Week 5 GDT - Packers vs. Cowboys

CWood21

Good news so far on Adams and look forward to the long week and getting some starters back for this one.   Will be actively watching the Cowboy/Ram game for a number of reasons, one being who may get injured for the 'boys eliminating them from our game.  Not that I would hope for such an outcome,  just a reality of the game.

Dom better stick to the base defense in this one too. I want Daniels, Clark and Lowry in there for 1st and 2nd down. Dak can try and beat us, beyond Dez none of their receivers are overly scary. Hawkins can cover Beasley.

On offense, we're going to trade Bahk and Bulaga for Adams and Monty. I'd take that trade. Hopefully with a healthy Bahk/Bulaga we can cut one of John/Pankey and add a RB (I'd seriously call on Lacy). I like what I saw from Jones, but I'm not trusting him with the whole offense. Ryan Matthews or Rashad Jennings wouldn't be bad depth if we're done with Lacy.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

In response to report of broken ribs for Montgomery. Gotta figure he misses at least next week's game. If Jones plays well, maybe they don't rush Ty back and let him rest up the next 3 games into the bye week

I would say that Monty falls under 2 games for this with the extra 3 days rest. Problem is running back is such a high contact position that he could be out longer and I wouldn't blame him. 

King should dominate Dez.  He just can't separate anymore, and relies entirely on contested catches.  King has the length to make some huge plays this game, and Dak will put it up there for King to make the plays.

On third down (and 3+), Dak looks to Witten and Beasley, and they have a rookie gadget guy who plays the lucky whitehead role for end arounds and stretching the field horizontally.  Tackling on 3rd down is the key to this game since Dak will take the short completion, and Garrett is all too happy to punt on 4th and 1.

This is still very much the same team we faced last season who ran all over us.  Brice Butler is developing into a decent deep threat for them and the CBs need to respect him even if we are getting pounded, since he is the PA shot guy.

Archived