Packers Forum Week 5 GDT - Packers vs. Cowboys

CWood21

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Dom better stick to the base defense in this one too. I want Daniels, Clark and Lowry in there for 1st and 2nd down. Dak can try and beat us, beyond Dez none of their receivers are overly scary. Hawkins can cover Beasley.

On offense, we're going to trade Bahk and Bulaga for Adams and Monty. I'd take that trade. Hopefully with a healthy Bahk/Bulaga we can cut one of John/Pankey and add a RB (I'd seriously call on Lacy). I like what I saw from Jones, but I'm not trusting him with the whole offense. Ryan Matthews or Rashad Jennings wouldn't be bad depth if we're done with Lacy.

How can we seriously call on Lacy, isn't he under contract with the Seahawks still?  I don't see TT trading anything to the Seahawks for Lacy.  Now, if missed something, which is very possible, if Lacy was released, will I wouldn't mind kicking the tires for little cost.

Had this as one of the 4 losses I predicted at the beginning of the season. It's our 2nd toughest road game on paper so I'm looking at this as a bonus type game. We just won the 2 games we had to win. We don't have to beat Dallas. It would be great to win, but I see it as a "no win no big deal" kind of week. 

30 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Zeke hasnt been himself, so im a little more confident in this game. 28-17 Packers  

Cowboys OL hasn't been themselves either. We already know Dallas' defense isn't good, though Demarcus Lawrence is having a dominant start(contract year), so hopefully again one of or both Bak/Bulaga are able to go.

I think the Packers D matches up really well with the Cowboys O, IF Daniels is up. Without him, they would need to get a quick lead like vs Chicago or that OL can grind out a DL.

The other way around, they OL could be fine if they play like they did vs Chicago, but that's a best case scenario. Hopefully the bookends are back. RB isn't really a concern to me. There are a total of 5 guys who can take a decent amount of snaps (counting Rip) so even if both Montgomery and Williams are out, there are enough bodies left on deck. They are never going to lean heavily on the run.

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Good news on Jamaal Williams

The amount of injuries are frustrating, but at least they've been dodging season-ending ones for the most part.

Groin strain still a tough injury for a running back to come back from...if you think he had no cut before hand, this injury will make it even harder.

Zeke and that oline aren't the same as last season. And with Dak having to be "the man" they aren't nearly as dangerous.

Dez at this point is a 50-50, move the stick possession receiver. Williams is their deep threat but isn't consistent. And Beasley is Beasley.

Not really built to be a high flying offense.

If Zeke doesn't play Green Bay should win.

Archived