Packers Forum Week 5 GDT - Packers vs. Cowboys

CWood21

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Really hope we get the big boys back for this one.

Probably going to be the key to this one.  Having a [relatively] healthy Bakh/Bulaga would do wonders for our offense.  Almost have to wonder if they both play against Dallas if the Packers held them out of the Bears game for this one.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably going to be the key to this one.  Having a [relatively] healthy Bakh/Bulaga would do wonders for our offense.  Almost have to wonder if they both play against Dallas if the Packers held them out of the Bears game for this one.

The Bears looked pretty legit before our game so I don't think we held B/B back. As gritty as our oline played against the Bears, we won't have the luxury of a slow track against Dallas. We need to be full strength and keep their offense off the field

Irving returns for Dallas.  Wonder if he is football ready, he can be a difference maker teamed with the others.

IF Adams clears all medicals he should suit up and play.  If not I too see no reason for him to make the trip and I'm sure he won't.  But if he clears, suit him and play him to some degree.  We would regret not doing that in this game if others at his position would go down.  As it is we may not need him, as it could be we would.

Decision on Zeke's suspension coming today or tomorrow?

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm hoping we don't even take Adams on the trip.  Let him stay at home and recover.  With the depth of our WR corp, there really isn't a need to bring him along.

if he's ready to play we need him to play.  Can't rely on guys stepping up at those positions IMO.

50 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I know Dez hasn't had great numbers recently, but he is still a top 10 WR. Don't make the mistake of assuming he will be a non factor

I don't know if I agree. Teams have figured out this offense. Double Witten and Beasley let Dak try and beat you with inconsistent WRs in Dez and Williams.

Thats what both the Cards and Rams have done and you see how that has made it tough on Dak.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don't know if I agree. Teams have figured out this offense. Double Witten and Beasley let Dak try and beat you with inconsistent WRs in Dez and Williams.

Thats what both the Cards and Rams have done and you see how that has made it tough on Dak.

Well thats on Dak. Dez is still getting open, frequently. Dak is either not seeing him or overthrowing him. I've watched all the Cowboys games this season and last, Dez is still a threat

19 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

No way I want Adams in this game... even if he is good to go. There is a mental aspect to getting rung like that. Give him a week off.

More important than the mental aspect is the physical aspect to getting 'rung' like that. I hope they hold him out of contact until November. He will pass concussion protocol much faster than that though.

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Well thats on Dak. Dez is still getting open, frequently. Dak is either not seeing him or overthrowing him. I've watched all the Cowboys games this season and last, Dez is still a threat

Oh I'm sure Dez is, he isn't being double teamed anymore. But Dez was targeted 13 time yesterday... only had 5 catches. To my point of inconsistency.

My point on Dez is he doesn't scare defenses... at least good ones. Green Bay's plan should be just place King on him and double Witten and Beasley. Now could he embarrass the rookie? Possibly but unlike Gunther, king has the wheels and ability to recover.

I said it in another thread... Dez at this point is a 50-50 ball, possession receiver that can still have big moments (ala Boldin in the twilight of his career) but isn't a WR that needs the attention of two defenders.

Should be another primetime game...but I'll settle for an afternoon game.  I'm expecting another 125+ pages for this game.

@NormSizedMidget @packfanfb @deltarich87 @Mr. Fussnputz @Green19 @40Year Pack Fan @RoellPreston88 @LargeFarva @Packerraymond @PACKRULE @PackyAttacky @Gopackgonerd @{Family Ghost} @JBURGE25 @Argus @Pugger @Shanedorf @pollino14 @Cakeshoppe @BrettFavre004 @MathMan @packerrfan74 @eyecatcher @vegas492 @Cadmus @squire12 @Boondoggle @Haha21 @TheOnlyThing @MNPackfan32 @KFP7 @SpeightTheVillain @skibrett15 @Spartacus @Pad Level @HawaiiFan808 @gizmo2012 @ChaRisMa @spilltray @justo @jontat83 @Dubz41 @driftwood @TransientTexan @AlexGreen#20 @HorizontoZenith @bkobow05 @DocHambone @MantyWrestler @ReadyToThump @Packer_ESP @Stevein2012 @LacyIsGood @CalhounLambeau @jleisher @Lieker @Bieker @Joe @PossibleCabbage @Bauman1535 @DavidatMIZZOU @wgbeethree @KManX89 @cannondale @chillparsi1 @Acrid Josher @St Vince @Slinky @MaryTsraining3s @49-Sweep @68md @biletnikoff @BluePacker @Bullet Club @Cheesehead430 @crkone @domonz @Eternal @fattlipp @fotballer @Gopher Trace @green 01 @HyponGrey @jake1962 @Ketchup @MrBoom @packerjmf @SamClemens89 @SplashDive @Squatch @thrILL! @tttmikeb @ugLymayNe @jfinley88 @HokieHigh

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get some Cowboys fans in.

@BigD88 @DalCowboyzRule @Dallas94Ware @Dallasfan1313 @Desperado82 @flyingmonkey30 @htfryar @plan9misfit @roysmyboy31 @Texas_OutLaw7 @Texasmade @ware94 @HDsportsfan @DaBoys @WizardHawk @Calvert28 @Northland @Matts4313 @CT Cowboy Fan @textaz03 @Dirk Gently

Archived