Tight Ends

NcFinest9erFan

I used to wait til the bitter end and go with a high-upside guy but I found it always gave me a guy that would average 4-5 standard scoring points but id have an additional RB or WR on my bench I probably could've started. Everything is based on your league and in mine I think I will get one earlier but its all about value. Kelce in Round 2 or 3(assuming a larger league) is crazy value, pull the trigger

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I used to wait til the bitter end and go with a high-upside guy but I found it always gave me a guy that would average 4-5 standard scoring points but id have an additional RB or WR on my bench I probably could've started. Everything is based on your league and in mine I think I will get one earlier but its all about value. Kelce in Round 2 or 3(assuming a larger league) is crazy value, pull the trigger

For example, the league winner in my home league, started off with Kamara(keeper), Kelce then Aaron Jones. From rounds 3-5 he went WR(Boyd, Dede, Manny Sanders) but because of his WRs not being consistent, he started off 2-5 before winning 5/6 to make the playoffs but I should also add that he had Ljax as well so once Ljax got HOT, his team took off. He also picked up waiver gems like Mclaurin, Pascal, Perriman and AJ Brown.

So because of this one example it does make me think could I pull off a RB/TE/RB start? All things considered.

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

For example, the league winner in my home league, started off with Kamara(keeper), Kelce then Aaron Jones. From rounds 3-5 he went WR(Boyd, Dede, Manny Sanders) but because of his WRs not being consistent, he started off 2-5 before winning 5/6 to make the playoffs but I should also add that he had Ljax as well so once Ljax got HOT, his team took off. He also picked up waiver gems like Mclaurin, Pascal, Perriman and AJ Brown.

So because of this one example it does make me think could I pull off a RB/TE/RB start? All things considered.

First off keepers throw everything outta wack bc not all teams are starting from an equal footing

Also, having drafting a guy like L-Jax where he was drafted meant LOADS of teams that had him won, so I wouldn't exactly say that strategy worked when he wound up getting a fantasy MVP so late bc in a re-draft of knowing last years stuff, he wouldn't get close to the same team. With that said, thats the nature of the beast and why we're having this discussion but if he used that draft pick on another guy similar in ADP(Dak, Goff, Winston, Roethlisberger) his team wouldn't have made the playoffs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off keepers throw everything outta wack bc not all teams are starting from an equal footing

Also, having drafting a guy like L-Jax where he was drafted meant LOADS of teams that had him won, so I wouldn't exactly say that strategy worked when he wound up getting a fantasy MVP so late bc in a re-draft of knowing last years stuff, he wouldn't get close to the same team. With that said, thats the nature of the beast and why we're having this discussion but if he used that draft pick on another guy similar in ADP(Dak, Goff, Winston, Roethlisberger) his team wouldn't have made the playoffs

Yep, I agree. Any other QB even including Mahomes and he's probably below .500.

No surprise but 65 % of teams who had Ljax and CMC won their leagues.

36 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yep, I agree. Any other QB even including Mahomes and he's probably below .500.

No surprise but 65 % of teams who had Ljax and CMC won their leagues.

At least CMC was drafted as a top-4 guy so it wasn't like he blew his ADP out of the water the way guys like Jackson did

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m a big value based drafter...and Kelce has been king the past 3 years. Just unbelievably good. He should go first round of every draft. If you get him the 2nd-3rd...that’s insane value over replacement. 

Yeah, my home league pretty much starts in R2 since R1 = our keeper

I own pick 7 but it is really pick 14. So the idea of Kelce or Kittle at 14 intrigues me because I feel like one or the other gives me the best value.  Although I also like guys like Ekeler and Josh Jacobs if they are there.

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I was thrilled to see Kelce’s TDs drop bc i think he’ll fall to round 2 in our standard 12 team league

Do you guys agree that Ertz and Kittle should see a good uptick in targets to start the season? Since both respected teams have some rookies/young talent that are proven yet so Wentz/Jimmy G could be looking at both TEs more to start the year?

33 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Do you guys agree that Ertz and Kittle should see a good uptick in targets to start the season? Since both respected teams have some rookies/young talent that are proven yet so Wentz/Jimmy G could be looking at both TEs more to start the year?

Idk about that. I know Deebo is hurt so maybe Kittle has a few more looks but they could just as easily run it a ton more too right? As far as the Eagles, their situation hasn't changed right? Ertz got loads of targets last year due to injuries. Idk if his #s will change

Kelce, kittle, waller, ertz, andrews.. are all going give you mid WR1 to  high WR 2 production.. having that type of production at a position where other managers are  scrambling is always a positive.. and if you are in a leauge that allows 2 TE to be played rhen it is even more a bonus.. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

which TE has a better chance to break out this season?

TJ Hockenson or Chris Herndon??? thinking of dropping Hockenson for Herndon or J Smith in full ppr

Im heating up on Herndon, could be this years Andrews