Game changer!

-80 man rosters until cut day 

- no preseason

which 10 do you cut? My 10 

- Killings - low ceiling 

- Vickers- LC 

-  Valoaga- seems like a Jag

- Usher- small for a LB wasn’t an all star in Canada 

Magnusson- LC - have a lot of interior depth, James/Devey/Simpson/Good/Cotton/Kush/Seymour 

Butler- already have a lot of TE in camp, been around for years and can’t seem to stick 

Ateman- too slow. I’ll never forget the Raven game 

R Smith- him or Stanback. Stanback looks impressive on his YouTube lol. Smith has been in the league for awhile and still hasn’t stuck around.
K Wilber- I think we keep 5lbs with the 5 spots locked. I would rather see 3 young LBS have a camp to develop like White, Phillips, Eligwe. Maybe one surprised and earns a spot or Atleast a PS spot 

Lawson(let young dogs compete in camp) - I don’t see a role for him on this team. We signed a better vet in Prince. We have a lot of young corners who I want to see get a shot in camp. Maybe cut Crawley instead of Lawson, but I lean with the former. He’s a smaller, so/so corner. 

I’m still holding out hope we sign at least 2 more veterans before camp starts.  All hope isn’t lost for that possibility yet, heck even when camp starts there’s still a chance we do, based upon what’s happened in past years.  Last year for instance, camp started for rookies 7/23 and everyone 7/26.  We signed Jonathan Cooper G a little before camp started on 7/15 And then during camp signed DT Ethan Westbrooks on 7/30, Claimed WR Jordan Lasley via waivers on 8/1, signed Mack Brown RB on 8/3, and signed Corey Luiget DT on 8/25 (plus a ton of other minor player moves throughout camp).  In 2018 started July 23/26 and we Signed OL Oday Aboushi on 7/28, James Butler RB 7/29, Signed K Mike Nugent on 8/1, Claimed DT Gabe Wright on 8/15, Signed CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in 8/23 (plus minor moves).  So every year usual do sign some veterans prior to and during camp, as well as work the waiver wire.

That said I made my list 12 because I think we really should (and need) to add a few more veterans that would give us more depth on the 53 man roster:

WR Siaosi Mariner, Anthony Williams-Ratliff 

RB- Rod Smith OR William Stanback

OL- Kamaal Seymour

TE- Nick Bowers

DE- Ade Aruba

DT- Kendal Vickers AND Mike Panasuik 

LB- Nick Usher AND Justin Phillips

CB- DJ Killings

LS- Liam McCoullugh 

I choose to waive 2 DTs and 2 LBs because I feel that DT (or a DE/DT) and a LB are the positions we should sign (along with S) a veteran FA.

I wouldn’t cut any veterans like Sam Young, Erik Magnuson, Rod Smith (can play FB if Ingold is dinged), Ken Crawley etc because Its not just about long term injuries, guys get days off or sit out a few practices and having the highest level player to take their place is important. And if we do have a major injury there’s a chance they’d likely be the backup now on the 53 man roster.

I wouldn’t cut Paul Butler because I just like him, lol.  Not to mention despise the deal we gave Nick Bowers.  He has nearly zero upside and zero chance of being called back up midsession if we IR a TE.  We’d rather sign a Street FA. I don’t see him being worth trying to develop on PS.

While I don’t Think or want these guys to make the team I think there medium sleepers and deserve a shot in camp to possibly make PS: Ukeme Eliqwe LB, Justin Brown CB/S, Dylan Mabin CB.

Rookies reported today (7/23) for camp and all other players report on the 26th.  With the roster Needing to be reduced to 80 we need to cut 10 players by the 26th.

Are we going to use the 3 days early rookies report to get a short look at them, before making the cuts?  Or do we spare them the hassle of coming out to camp for only 3 days?  I’d assume most of the ten will be rookies or young guys.  

• 2 weeks later...

Littleton and Kwiatkowski were already going to dominate snaps in nickel, which is the main personnel group. The question now is who else plays in base packages. Muse and Morrow are both small. Morrow has a good athletic profile but it rarely actually showed in-game. He was never very good in coverage despite hypothetically having the traits to be just that. Muse has better cover instincts, and the coverage asked of linebackers is much less daunting that that asked of safeties, so I think he should hold up there. My issue is that Littleton is already a smaller guy who doesnt do a great job of taking on blocks in the run game, and neither to Morrow/Muse

Edited by Turnobili

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Littleton and Kwiatkowski were already going to dominate snaps in nickel, which is the main personnel group. The question now is who else plays in base packages. Muse and Morrow are both small. Morrow has a good athletic profile but it rarely actually showed in-game. He was never very good in coverage despite hypothetically having the traits to be just that. Muse has better cover instincts, and the coverage asked of linebackers is much less daunting that that asked of safeties, so I think he should hold up there. My issue is that Littleton is already a smaller guy who doesnt do a great job of taking on blocks in the run game, and neither to Morrow/Muse

Seems like the unit could use a “thumper” in the run game. Lee also had experience as a MLB so this move shocking. The LB unit is so thin without any injuries. If he came cheap I’ll bring back Vontaze to help this team. He knows the system and was good before his bs suspension.