Jump to content
HolmesPriest

Face Coverings Now Required At All NFL Games

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you guys think owners have a gun to our heads forcing us to go? Ha.

Packers ticket holders got the option to opt in or opt out without any penalty. I opted in, hope I get tickets.

If Florida has taught us anything its that giving the masses carte blanche to take their own precautions and look out for the safety of the community around them enough of the masses willfully and ignorantly dont; causing a massive spike of sickness and death, which incidentally does nothing to curb the stupidity from continuing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If Florida has taught us anything its that giving the masses carte blanche to take their own precautions and look out for the safety of the community around them enough of the masses willfully and ignorantly dont; causing a massive spike of sickness and death, which incidentally does nothing to curb the stupidity from continuing. 

This isn't cart blanche, this is socially distanced, at far below capacity, with a requirement to enter the building of face coverings. Now that isnt enough? What's the plan then? We cancel sports and beg to be locked up for our safety? I'm good, I'll enjoy my life still in a safe and respectful way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

This isn't cart blanche, this is socially distanced, at far below capacity, with a requirement to enter the building of face coverings. Now that isnt enough? What's the plan then? We cancel sports and beg to be locked up for our safety? I'm good, I'll enjoy my life still in a safe and respectful way.

right right, and how will that be enforced? My guess is not so well. Most places you go that aren't public property have the same requirements, it won't stop stupid with a large crowd even at below capacity. I didn't say lock everyone up either, if you want to have a discussion dont put words in my mouth. I didn't say cancel sports either. However, there is NO reason to have fans who can enjoy the game from the comfort and safety of their own home go to such a large gathering. It is unnecessary to have football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This isn't cart blanche, this is socially distanced, at far below capacity, with a requirement to enter the building of face coverings. Now that isnt enough? What's the plan then? We cancel sports and beg to be locked up for our safety? I'm good, I'll enjoy my life still in a safe and respectful way.

I think he was referring to people (in Florida) making their own decisions of not adhering to distancing (and mask wearing) guidelines, and the subsequent consequences for not doing so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

right right, and how will that be enforced? ...

That's why in Florida they were called "guidelines"....Guidelines are suggestions and not enforceable rules....This of course will be amended once football season starts (if applicable)....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Incredible that they're even letting people in. This just feels like a very bad idea.

Yeah, but revenue. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

God forbid sports is cancelled during a global pandemic? America has been hit the hardest, and because people have bickered back and forth regarding their freedoms, religion, rights, or whatever the country has become ground zero for the disease to spread like wildfire. This is why America has topped over 100,000 deaths, leading the planet despite the fact the disease originated in China. Even if a stadium is half full, that's still tens of thousands of people in close proximity to one another, with the simple deterrent of a mask as the only line of defense. Bad idea from the NFL. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

God forbid sports is cancelled during a global pandemic? America has been hit the hardest, and because people have bickered back and forth regarding their freedoms, religion, rights, or whatever the country has become ground zero for the disease to spread like wildfire. This is why America has topped over 100,000 deaths, leading the planet despite the fact the disease originated in China. Even if a stadium is half full, that's still tens of thousands of people in close proximity to one another, with the simple deterrent of a mask as the only line of defense. Bad idea from the NFL. 

This, so much this.

I can't stand how the NFL is acting like having 0 fans or cancelling the season is going to be the end for them. This is a billion dollar organization - one down year isn't going to matter in the long run.

Selfishly, I want football, but we all have to face the new reality. Until everyone in America starts wearing masks and social distancing, it's going to be impossible to prevent COVID from spreading throughout the NFL.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have an issue wearing masks at the stadium, but as we are seeing with other businesses and states right now, the enforcement will be the question.  It makes sense, given that the bathroom lines and concession lines won't be able to be socially distanced even if the stadium is at 1/4 capacity.  

Also, I'm sure that there will be plenty of people who will just drink beer the entire game and not wear one.  

I have a feeling most states will tell the teams that they can't have fans.  Baltimore City has already done this with the Ravens and Orioles.  I believe Philadelphia just announced no fans either.  I expect that Washington will not have fans either, but they are still planning like they are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, I'm sure that there will be plenty of people who will just drink beer the entire game and not wear one.  

This is the gaping hole in the fan plan.
Fans will wear a mask to enter, but after that - there's really no way to police it.
During the game, some fans will de-mask; others will complain about that de-masking and fights will ensue. Taking the current battle from the streets into the stadium will make for good TV and then add a little kneeling/ anti-kneeling animosity + alcohol...what could possibly go wrong ?

 

181651829-1939010.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shanedorf said:

This is the gaping hole in the fan plan.
Fans will wear a mask to enter, but after that - there's really no way to police it.
During the game, some fans will de-mask; others will complain about that de-masking and fights will ensue. Taking the current battle from the streets into the stadium will make for good TV and then add a little kneeling/ anti-kneeling animosity + alcohol...what could possibly go wrong ?

 

181651829-1939010.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The closest thing I can compare it to are my seats at Fed Ex Field.  I sit by the visitor tunnel, and every game, fans will try to come down to get a glimpse at the team coming off the field at the half, and at the end of the game.  Fans are still trying to watch the game when this happens, as well as trying to leave, so they post four security guards there, as well as the two ushers for the section to keep the aisle cleared.  To properly enforce masks, you have to have that amount of security for each section.  Even if they plan to enforce it and remove people from the game, they need that kind of security to get people out of each section and then that is a big risk for those security guards to take (handling a drunk, unmasked fan who might have Covid)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

This is the gaping hole in the fan plan.
Fans will wear a mask to enter, but after that - there's really no way to police it.
During the game, some fans will de-mask; others will complain about that de-masking and fights will ensue. Taking the current battle from the streets into the stadium will make for good TV and then add a little kneeling/ anti-kneeling animosity + alcohol...what could possibly go wrong ?

 

181651829-1939010.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Think this is a little extreme. It'll be no different than a business, if you don't have a mask on when you're not at your seat, you should be asked to leave, if you refuse to leave, the local law enforcement will help you with that. We're not talking rocket science here people. I saw a guy get kicked out of Lambeau for verbally blasting the beer guy for not carrying Bud products, they have no problems escorting you out of an NFL stadium, plenty of capable hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you guys think owners have a gun to our heads forcing us to go? Ha.

Packers ticket holders got the option to opt in or opt out without any penalty. I opted in, hope I get tickets.

You're part of the problem then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You're part of the problem then. 

Cool, I don't care really what your opinion is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think this is a little extreme.

Agreed
I'm just offering food for thought in terms of how humans behave under intense duress

Aside from the COVID stuff, the NFL Refs are not reporting to TCs as they have in other years
They want the chance to get up to football speed just like the players and used those sessions to discuss the Points of Emphasis and new rules

With that not happening, we are going to see both some lousy football and some lousy reffing . And when lousy reffing happens, the stands get even more boisterous as they did in Cleveland bottle-throwing episode and several others.

Its going to be a different year all the way around and with a populace under constant and relentless duress, the potential for problems is heightened.
I'm hopeful it all goes well, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And no, I don't think you're part of the problem, quite the opposite.
You're a reasonable and well-intentioned fan, following the guidelines and living your life. I hope you get the chance to represent at Lambeau this fall

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...