Vikings extend HC Mike Zimmer

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Hue Jackson is a better coach than you are a mod. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's not fair to Hue Jackson he won one game as a head coach.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

slq9zgjmvpjmjmtxej83.jpg

How could they ever let go of a head coach that lives here?  He is a dude, and has some obvious class and taste!  Well deserved.

I want that table.

Also rushed setup for the draft I'm amazed he knew how to plug in cables at his age.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This just in, I am pretty sure that table is not where he usually puts his computer!  But wanted the sweet as shot so they moved the monitor to the table by the fireplace.  Usually the table is clear and in the middle of that large gray carpet.  Either way you have technology you will have wires, no way around that one really.  Still those mounts are awesome, the fireplace is great, the mantel is sweet, the table is sweet, the floors are sweet.  Give me that all day over stupid modern boy square cement lawn Kingsbury.

Grass doesn't grow where Kingsbury lives... 😀

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

oh you poor thing, there is always a way

Wall-mounting gaming systems : geek

I do not like TV or 'gaming' that much to ever put that kind of time into wire placement.  Good idea sure but also a little OCD as well.  Cannot imagine that straight edge wire casing is cheap either, but sure they spared no expense.  

8 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Grass doesn't grow where Kingsbury lives... 😀

It is called water.  

segfqetgg-jpg-nggid0519079-ngg0dyn-1200x

Still as a football team, give me a head coach that lives in a house like Zim, not Kliffy boy, privileged pretty boy or tough country guy?  Not a hard call, PS Arizona should fire Kingsbury when they get the chance, they have a good roster but dude is a loser of a coach, could not even win at Texas Tech how is he supposed to in the NFL?  He is lucky Vance Joseph is coaching the D.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I do not like TV or 'gaming' that much to ever put that kind of time into wire placement.  Good idea sure but also a little OCD as well.  Cannot imagine that straight edge wire casing is cheap either, but sure they spared no expense.  

You really just need clips that stick to the walls. They are pretty cheap at home depot or wherever you get your home improvement needs. Really that is just an extreme example. Simple twist ties go a loooooooong way in wire management. 

11 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Could be a very nice set up but way too many cords exposed and sloppy looking!

He's a Head Coach, not a GM like Spielman.  If you didn't see it, you should have seen that setup that Spielman had during the draft, now that was nice.  

I don't know what to think about this extension.  I love Mike Zimmer as a coach in many ways, but I have my doubts that his philosophy can get the Vikings over the hump.  He loves his secondary players, and does a great job with them.  He is also smart enough to get a good offensive mind on the staff to be his offensive coordinator.  He doesn't try to be an expert at everything.  He is great in one area and that is what he concentrates on. 

The one area where I think he has been lacking is in putting enough emphasis on the defensive line.  He needs better defensive tackles than he has been trying to get by with, and also needs to continue the investment he has been making in the offensive line.  When we get to the playoffs, the Mike Zimmer teams have failed in large part because they were pushed around in the trenches.  Solidify the trenches and Zim just might get this team to the promised land.  I just don't know if he thinks he needs to do that, and that's where I have my concerns. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

to be fair, isn't everything? lol

As a Californian, I approve this message...I expect a big one here in the Bay Area in 2020 6.5-6.9 because why not?!? LOL  Maybe another big fire followed by flooding to finish off the year. 🤪

Keeping Zimmer is probably a good idea because he doesn't suck but who would you replace him with?!? 

Edited by G