2020 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

So here's a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason for the American League and National League having separate awards because of the DH difference changing how the game is played in some small ways? Should DH become universal in the near future, do they potentially consolidate the awards into singular versions like they do in the NFL and NBA?

17 hours ago, Danger said:

So here's a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main reason for the American League and National League having separate awards because of the DH difference changing how the game is played in some small ways? Should DH become universal in the near future, do they potentially consolidate the awards into singular versions like they do in the NFL and NBA?

I don't think that's why they have different awards. They have different awards as a relic of when they really were two separate leagues. Each had their own president that wasn't merely a figurehead. Even when they came under the same MLB banner with a single commissioner. That's also why there were separate umpires for the NL and AL.

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Just me or are these mechanics pretty clean?

There's definitely some signs of stress on his arm and I think looking at it the shoulder is the biggest question mark, but for all we know it could pop today or never have any issues. And also it's not like there's a stress free way to throw 101.