The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

there are 5 new owners.   the original rules might be looked at differently by those that are now managing teams.  Every good league that I have been apart of goes through a rules change discussion each offseason.   

I’m okay with changing, I’m okay with keeping things the way they are. I think that if there is drastic change in the league there needs to be a redraft. 

Im perfectly happy with my team or drafting a new one. 

I’m a high fan of the idea of deeper leagues and lineups. I just think it needs to start out at an even playing field for everyone. 

Edited by Lionized

5 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I’m okay with changing, I’m okay with keeping things the way they are. I think that if there is drastic change in the league there needs to be a redraft.

Is adding 1-2 roster spots and 1 keeper in 2 consecutive years a drastic change?   Doing a full re-draft/re-start would be a drastic change.   Dropping keepers to 6 would be a drastic change.  

Im perfectly happy with my team or drafting a new one.

I am pretty sure there is not going to be many in favor of re-drafting the league from ground 0

I’m a high fan of the idea of deeper leagues and lineups. I just think it needs to start out at an even playing field for everyone. 

I agree on the deeper leagues and starters.  I am not sure on the even playing field for everyone.   Established leagues should have some lean toward those owners that have been in the league the longest.   Taking over a roster that is in the lower portion of a league is hard.   But, there is always an opportunity to turn things around with good drafting and trading.  

I have looked through the previous draft and discussion threads and did not see any trades that involved picks for the 2020 season.  If anyone has other info that states otherwise, please let me know, a specific post would be helpful

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

there are 5 new owners.   the original rules might be looked at differently by those that are now managing teams.  Every good league that I have been apart of goes through a rules change discussion each offseason.   

In dynasty leagues? Because in all the ones I’ve been apart of they’ve never changed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is adding 1-2 roster spots and 1 keeper in 2 consecutive years a drastic change?   Doing a full re-draft/re-start would be a drastic change.   Dropping keepers to 6 would be a drastic change.  

I am pretty sure there is not going to be many in favor of re-drafting the league from ground 0

I agree on the deeper leagues and starters.  I am not sure on the even playing field for everyone.   Established leagues should have some lean toward those owners that have been in the league the longest.   Taking over a roster that is in the lower portion of a league is hard.   But, there is always an opportunity to turn things around with good drafting and trading.  

Sure, I’m happy to move on with the league in whatever direction the league elders want to go. I look forward to taking on the challenges whatever they may be. 

Im up for trades people! I just need to know where we’re landing here for rosters this next year. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In dynasty leagues? Because in all the ones I’ve been apart of they’ve never changed

yes.   dyansty, large keepers (10-15 players kept per team), salary cap with contracts.  

Rules discussion happens every off season.  Some ideas get brought up for league vote.   Some pass, others are voted down.   Discussion makes for a healthy league.  

I don't think there is ever a league that sets the rules perfectly correct from the beginning.  Are these drastic changes, no, but subtle adjustments to things do happen.   Removal of K, DST, adding keepers, expanding rosters, changing trade deadlines.  Changing from W/L records to determine draft position to using potential points.  adding taxi squads.  altering scoring on IDP players.  

How would people feel about keeping the 12 keepers, but also adding 3 “rookie keepers” where you can keep up to 3 of your picks from last year that will be sophomores. You can obviously keep more upcoming sophomores but then they count towards the 12.   

this solves issue from both sides as well

At the end of the day you wanted my opinion. I gave it. I’m not quitting the league over the change but you cant tell me the higher the # of keepers the more it benefits lesser teams, thats just not true. And while you might have your own experience in dynasty leagues, in mine once the inaugural draft happens there are no changes other than finding new owners

• Like 1