πŸ€ theJ's Magic Association Rebuild (NBA 2k13)

theJ

The Bulls just offered me the dumbest arsed trade i've seen.Β  The two craptacular guys i just took in the 2nd round for their next pick in the 2nd round, PLUS their first rounder for next year.

I almost want to take it just to prove how dumb that is.Β  But it seems really unrealistic, so i'm going to decline.

2013 Draft Recap (Lottery Picks)
Draft Pick Player Pos. OVR Team
#1 Dale Burke SF 73 Magic
#2 Corie Baxter PF 72 Raptors
#3 Junior Barber C 71 Bobcats
#4 Roderick Moss PF 73 Celtics
#5 Wayne Jackson SF 62 Trail Blazers
#6 Bernie McDaniel SF 61 Hawks
#7 Martin Cooper SF 59 Hornets
#8 Wayne Bell PF 61 Wizards
#9 Barry Payne SF 58 Pistons
#10 Terrell Collier SF 58 Kings
#11 Stacey Cheaney PG 75 Rockets
#12 Nate Francis SF 58 Jazz
#13 Omar Ruiz SF 55 Raptors
#16 Isaac Steel SG 76 Pacers
#23 Mo Gatson PG 78 76ers
#31 Robin Cartwright PF 54 Magic
#37 Coby Landry C 50 Magic

I have two roster spots to fill.Β  I'm going to be making a few FA signs to fill out some of the roster.Β  I could use a SG and PF/C.Β  Really thin at both positions.

Β 

Also, Dale Burke can GET UP.Β  Β Dude has a 94 VERT, 92 Dunk, and 98 Layup.Β  Combined with his 83 Quick and 80, he should be able to get the hole and finish.Β  Also already has a 99 consistency, so he should perform night in and night out.Β  Very excited to land him.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Oof. That’s a real bummer.

Yeah it's a big setback.Β  Unlike NFL sims, there's no hitting on a 2nd round pick to make up for a miss like this.

All i can do now is try to win as many games as possible this year and get enough reward points to up his potential.

2014 Opening Roster
Position Name Age OVR Potential Yearly Salary Years Left
PG Jameer Nelson 31 73 - 8 2
SG Wesley Johnson 26 73 B+ 5.42 1 (Res)
SF Dale Burke 21 73 B- 3.84 2+2T
PF Taj Gibson 28 77 B 5.63 2+1P
PF Glen Davis 27 72 C+ 6.4 2
SG Nick Young 28 72 D+ 4.11 2+1P
SF Hedo Turkoglu 34 70 - 12.2 1
PG Chris Duhon 31 66 Β  3.92 1
SF Al Harrington 33 68 Β  7.15 2
C Nikola Vucevic 23 63 D- 1.89 1T
PF Robin Cartwright 21 53 C 0.789 1+1T
PF Coby Landry 20 50 B- 0.723 1+1T

Β 

Landry with the B- potential surprises me.Β  Too bad he's so bad that he'll only get to about a 65 before he tops out lol.

Trade!

Magic Wesley Johnson 2nd round 2015
Nuggets 1st round 2014 Corey Brewer

Β 

I felt like this was fair.Β  Nuggets won 51 games last season with a bad roster, somehow.Β  They don't value their 1st round pick because of that.Β Β 

Brewer is a 71 OVR, so he's not a huge dropoff, short term, from Johnson.

Edited by theJ

I made it to the All-star break.Β  This looks to be a better draft class than the one last year, which is good.

I'm in last place again, but have been tinkering around with coaching settings.Β  I'm playing aggressive defense and milking the clock, and my defensive standings show it.

We've won 18 games, so it's looking like there should be a 10-15 win improvement over last season.Β  That, plus playing Burke a lot of minutes should net me quite a few reward points.

OH, and also the Suns are about 8th from last.Β  So they're trending toward a lottery pick.Β  That's great news for me because i have their 1st round pick.

Β 

I'm tired, and the wife wants the TV.Β  So i'll post the draft board and some halfway stats tomorrow or Sunday when i get back to this.