Sign in to follow this  
jetsfan4life51

Jamal vs Gase

Jamal Vs Gase  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Gase right now if that shuts up Jamal and he plays out his contract?

• Yes - he has to go
    • No - get rid of Jamal

Let's pretend we have two options....it's either Gase or Jamal

We fire Gase and in turn Jamal plays out his contract and waits to get re-signed

Or we get rid of Jamal and don't worry about his antics

Let's see where we are at

I don't like Gase but I voted pro Gase. This clearly Adams just next move to try and get traded.

Posted (edited)

As a non Jet Fan but someone who pays close attention to the AFC East. I am sure you want one or the other but I would choose to dump them both and here is why.

Jamal Adams has called out the original owner as a Racist and it starts from the top, so even though the Brother is running the show while he is the US Ambassador he felt like he needed to get Woody's attention. He has showed disinterest in being there by going out of his way on social media to Dallas fans etc. He is made it clear he wants to get paid and I assume its going to be top Safety money, so lets say you pay him, your top 3 paid guys are a RB, S, ILB. Not really ideal if it came down to it plus you have guys like Darnold that you would likely extend with in the next 2 years as well. If you can get what the Jaguars got for Ramsey or close to it take it and run.

Now on to Gase, is he a good HC? Well he failed in Miami. He thought he was to good to meet with the Owner and GM down there at time especially towards the end of his tenure as he believed his job was safe. He alienated key players like Jarvis Landry, Reshad Jones, and Jordan Phillips. Then he is doing the same now with players like Leveon and Jamal not to mention others who have been less vocal about it. Also look at his offenses as HC over the years in Miami all three years he was bottom 10-16 in yards and points. As OC in Chicago he was bottom 10-16 in points and yards. Granted darnold was ill but last in yards and 2nd to last in points last year. I am not sure how many excuses an organization or fans need in order to make the right move by letting him go. Unfortunately I do not see him going this year and even if the season is bad for you guys he may stick around for another year as to use COVID as his excuse of not being good.

As much as we are rivals, as a fan to fan you all deserve better.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 3

Alright....I will try to explain this better.

If getting rid of Gase in turns makes Jamal play out his contract would you sign up for that?  I want to see who would rather have a happy Jamal or who would rather cut ties and let Gase run the team.

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

As a non Jet Fan but someone who pays close attention to the AFC East. I am sure you want one or the other but I would choose to dump them both and here is why.

Jamal Adams has called out the original owner as a Racist and it starts from the top, so even though the Brother is running the show while he is the US Ambassador he felt like he needed to get Woody's attention. He has showed disinterest in being there by going out of his way on social media to Dallas fans etc. He is made it clear he wants to get paid and I assume its going to be top Safety money, so lets say you pay him, your top 3 paid guys are a RB, S, ILB. Not really ideal if it came down to it plus you have guys like Darnold that you would likely extend with in the next 2 years as well. If you can get what the Jaguars got for Ramsey or close to it take it and run.

Now on to Gase, is he a good HC? Well he failed in Miami. He thought he was to good to meet with the Owner and GM down there at time especially towards the end of his tenure as he believed his job was safe. He alienated key players like Jarvis Landry, Reshad Jones, and Jordan Phillips. Then he is doing the same now with players like Leveon and Jamal not to mention others who have been less vocal about it. Also look at his offenses as HC over the years in Miami all three years he was bottom 10-16 in yards and points. As OC in Chicago he was bottom 10-16 in points and yards. Granted darnold was ill but last in yards and 2nd to last in points last year. I am not sure how many excuses an organization or fans need in order to make the right move by letting him go. Unfortunately I do not see him going this year and even if the season is bad for you guys he may stick around for another year as to use COVID as his excuse of not being good.

I agree. We need to rid ourselves of both. Great points too. Good luck this season.

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Great post

21 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

So you basically just speculated a bunch of things too. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Quite frankly you're wrong about a bunch of this. I don't like Gase. But you are in fact just an average non-jets fan just looking in. Not knowing the details. Bell doesn't like Gase? Explain to me why you say this? Bc the media told you so? Or did you care to read Bell actually just saying less than a couple of weeks ago that he hasn't had as good of a relationship and talked to a coach in his whole career than he has Gase. So if you're going to chime in... please chime in with knowledge.

• Like 1

I hate Gase, so him being gone makes me happy. That's my vote, but I don't know if the relationship could be repaired with Adams. In a dream world, I'd love to see Gase fired & Adams extended. But we're too close to the season now to fire him and the current OC doesn't call plays. I don't know if Gregg Williams could even handle that. Adams is likely out soon and next offseason Gase will likely be fired. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Quite frankly you're wrong about a bunch of this. I don't like Gase. But you are in fact just an average non-jets fan just looking in. Not knowing the details. Bell doesn't like Gase? Explain to me why you say this? Bc the media told you so? Or did you care to read Bell actually just saying less than a couple of weeks ago that he hasn't had as good of a relationship and talked to a coach in his whole career than he has Gase. So if you're going to chime in... please chime in with knowledge.

I have great examples, just look at those players who he alienated after they left the team or after Gase got canned. Kenyan Drake, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, Cameron Wake, Juwan James... Bell said stuff and then recanted after the fact. You honestly do not think his actions at that moment on social media weren't true? Then later have to recant that afterwards because the organization or his agent told him to. Actions right at that moment are what people truly think and then the apology or have to clear the air is just a simple push on the team or agent to make things not as awkward publicly. Just wait and see when Gase or Adams is gone to find out the true colors of that coach, will players be upset and back adams or will they say not our concern we back gase. There is tension there and it was in Miami and once those players are out of the situation with the guy the players truly expressed how they felt. You dont see other organizations that are stable have players acting like this, you only see the unstable ones with players making comments and demanding trades. Baltimore has their pass rusher he hasnt threatened a trade and he is due a contract similar to what adams would get, dupree with steelers, heck even thuney the guard with pats is willing to play ball. 

Also look at players who follow their old coaches when free agency or trade hit how many left Chicago, Denver, Miami to play for Gase 1 maybe 2 through out the process meanwhile other organizations gobble up minimum 4+ just because they know the coach and the coach knows the player that they both trust each other. 

I am not on here to bash or troll if you guys are happy with Gase thats fine by me and you have a right to be so, because you are a diehard fan. I am just putting non bias input in here to discuss that is all. I am not here to discredit anyone nor here to debate. As a bills fan I am all for keeping this guy as your head coach as long as possible because he has yet to prove any worth as a HC nor an OC, other then Peyton Manning getting his career started in Denver. Also me listening to the media isnt my only outlet on things the players and other coaches are direct sources (social media on their accounts) and there is a reason why it took forever to find a new GM while some turn it down and why you have to go and land a guy like Greg Williams to team up with Gase over other DCs who were better options. Agree or disagree it doesn't mean a thing to me just thought you guys would be better off with both of them gone.

Edited by soflbillsfan

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I have great examples, just look at those players who he alienated after they left the team or after Gase got canned. Bell said stuff and then recanted after the fact. You honestly do not think his actions at that moment on social media weren't true? Then later have to recant that afterwards because the organization or his agent told him to. Actions right at that moment are what people truly think and then the apology or have to clear the air is just a simple push on the team or agent to make things not as awkward publicly. Just wait and see when Gase or Adams is gone to find out the true colors of that coach, will players be upset and back adams or will they say not our concern we back gase. There is tension there and it was in Miami and once those players are out of the situation with the guy the players truly expressed how they felt. You dont see other organizations that are stable have players acting like this, you only see the unstable ones with players making comments and demanding trades. Baltimore has their pass rusher he hasnt threatened a trade and he is due a contract similar to what adams would get, dupree with steelers, heck even thuney the guard with pats is willing to play ball. 

Also look at players who follow their old coaches when free agency or trade hit how many left Chicago, Denver, Miami to play for Gase 1 maybe 2 through out the process meanwhile other organizations gobble up minimum 4+ just because they know the coach and the coach knows the player that they both trust each other. 

I am not on here to bash or troll if you guys are happy with Gase thats fine by me and you have a right to be so, because you are a diehard fan. I am just putting non bias input in here to discuss that is all. I am not here to discredit anyone nor here to debate. As a bills fan I am all for keeping this guy as your head coach as long as possible because he has yet to prove any worth as a HC nor an OC, other then Peyton Manning getting his career started in Denver. Also me listening to the media isnt my only outlet on things the players and other coaches are direct sources (social media on their accounts) and there is a reason why it took forever to find a new GM while some turn it down and why you have to go and land a guy like Greg Williams to team up with Gase over other DCs who were better options. Agree or disagree it doesn't mean a thing to me just thought you guys would be better off with both of them gone.

You're taking countless guys that are handling a situation WORSE THAN ADAMS' and using it as an example. Which in fact helps my side not yours. Did you hear Dak this offseason? Judon? etc. No bc they're not babies. These are guys under tags. I hate tags. I do feel every player once they fulfilled their contract deserves a new contract. A tag in BS and I think the NFL in the future needs to get rid of it. Find another way to reward a team that drafts well, and wants to keep their own. The tag does not work for me. But ADAMS ISN'T ON A TAG. He has 2 more full years on his contract. Did Dak ask for a contract after his 2nd season in the NFL? NO, that would be crazy right? Then 1st rounders are no different getting one 3 years into their "5" year deal (if the team picks up that 5th year option). Adams is soft. On the field? Heck NO. He's tough as nails. But he's soft emotionally. He got wrecked at just the thought of a GM even listening to any and all offers and any and all of his players (technically a GMs job). That funneled into him wanting a new contract, not getting one and now being a baby and pulling from every angle to try and force his way out. This is Adams being a baby. Not a darn thing to do with our GM, HC or players. Several former players have spoken very highly about Gase. There's literally 1 guy that talked bad about Gase and that was Landry. And he was being a diva bc he didnt want to just play in the slot. Gets shipped to CLE and guess what? He plays the slot their as well. So Gase was right. The others who talked bad about him are just cry babies quite frankly. A HCs job isn't to be friends with 53 guys that rotate in and out every year. Its to coach a team and set up a winning culture. Gase has a system that takes a while to grasp and learn and requires certain types of players (you saw the Jets do that this offseason getting more athletic OLIneman and WRs that can play multiple spots).

To go play off our other guys... JD was regarded as probably the best "prospect" GM with his track record. So not sure what your point was there. People in every organization he was at were sad to see him leave and upgrade. I work with tons of guys from Philly and they said we got a future star GM when we got him. So not sure where you get your research from, but it appears bad. Same for DC. Williams is looked at as a great DC. His only fault was his past being the bountygate. When given talent he's always made his D units better. He proved this last yera when we had no pass rush and a poor CB unit and still had us as the 5th best defensive unit (2nd against the run). SO once again, not sure where you get your info from. But yet again seems wrong. 

I'll make this simple and put it into your team for you to understand..... @soflbillsfan

Why haven't you paid Tre'Davious White yet?

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You're taking countless guys that are handling a situation WORSE THAN ADAMS' and using it as an example. Which in fact helps my side not yours. Did you hear Dak this offseason? Judon? etc. No bc they're not babies. These are guys under tags. I hate tags. I do feel every player once they fulfilled their contract deserves a new contract. A tag in BS and I think the NFL in the future needs to get rid of it. Find another way to reward a team that drafts well, and wants to keep their own. The tag does not work for me. But ADAMS ISN'T ON A TAG. He has 2 more full years on his contract. Did Dak ask for a contract after his 2nd season in the NFL? NO, that would be crazy right? Then 1st rounders are no different getting one 3 years into their "5" year deal (if the team picks up that 5th year option). Adams is soft. On the field? Heck NO. He's tough as nails. But he's soft emotionally. He got wrecked at just the thought of a GM even listening to any and all offers and any and all of his players (technically a GMs job). That funneled into him wanting a new contract, not getting one and now being a baby and pulling from every angle to try and force his way out. This is Adams being a baby. Not a darn thing to do with our GM, HC or players. Several former players have spoken very highly about Gase. There's literally 1 guy that talked bad about Gase and that was Landry. And he was being a diva bc he didnt want to just play in the slot. Gets shipped to CLE and guess what? He plays the slot their as well. So Gase was right. The others who talked bad about him are just cry babies quite frankly. A HCs job isn't to be friends with 53 guys that rotate in and out every year. Its to coach a team and set up a winning culture. Gase has a system that takes a while to grasp and learn and requires certain types of players (you saw the Jets do that this offseason getting more athletic OLIneman and WRs that can play multiple spots).

To go play off our other guys... JD was regarded as probably the best "prospect" GM with his track record. So not sure what your point was there. People in every organization he was at were sad to see him leave and upgrade. I work with tons of guys from Philly and they said we got a future star GM when we got him. So not sure where you get your research from, but it appears bad. Same for DC. Williams is looked at as a great DC. His only fault was his past being the bountygate. When given talent he's always made his D units better. He proved this last yera when we had no pass rush and a poor CB unit and still had us as the 5th best defensive unit (2nd against the run). SO once again, not sure where you get your info from. But yet again seems wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll make this simple and put it into your team for you to understand.....

Why haven't you paid Tre'Davious White yet?

Lets get it clear I am not saying Adams needs to stay. I am not saying Gase is the only issue I am saying they both are. Do I think Adams is an idiot for demanding a new contract absolutely no question about that. Do I think Gase alienates players and causes turmoil in the organization yes I do. If he was Bill Belichec then I would bite my tongue because he has shown that he is capable of a winning culture but this guy has done nothing in any organization other then in Denver because of Peyton Manning to warrant a HC job in the NFL and even an OC. His offense is atrocious, his mentality of thinking he is bigger then he is, and the issues that he creates should all be factors on why he should be let go as well as Adams. I am not saying in any way Adams is the guy to stay and Gase isn't I specifically stated above they both need to go to better the Jets organization. You say he needs time he had 3 years in Miami and he ended up walking away with a losing record and his offense not even touching the top half of the league statistically. Look at his specialty in offense do you feel like his offense has warranted him an opportunity to be a hc? If your specialty is bottom half of the league dating back to Denver dont you think that is a huge concern? 

Talks have been brought up by the media where both the organization and player reps arent saying a word.  Bills front office is stable so this is why you do not have chatter about anything related to the team in a sense of players being unhappy or there is discord between the coaches, front office, and/or players. It is a culture that they have locked in. As for Tre, they have been working on a contract extension, the issue is he wants to wait and see what next offseason has to offer, as he knows more money is going to come his way as more CBs that dont deserve big contracts are getting them so he hasn't forced it. Not to mention the team is focused on keeping guys like Milano and Dawkins who are free agents next offseason while Tre has a 5th year option to give them an opportunity to wait if need be. 

So all in all I think you are better off with both gone per my original statement and I am done conversing about it. I can't change your mind and the point of me talking was just to give you guys something to think about no need to feel like I am attacking you or the team because I am not. I am just a fan of football and I think it would be best for the Jets to bring in a more stable HC who can build a culture with the players and let the players who don't want to buy in to the team go, hopefully for as much compensation as you can get. I do leave you with a couple of questions that you do not have to answer: what do you think is good enough for 2020 in order to say Gase is or isn't the guy, because thats what it will come down to more so then it happening now? I am not saying record I am saying as an overall coach who specializes in offense with a healthy Darnold, does the offense have to be top 10- top 15 or is it acceptable to be at the bottom statistically? Is keeping him long term good for Darnold growth if the offense struggles in 2020? I enjoyed your points and good luck with gase adams situation hopefully it works out for y'all

Posted (edited)

I have no desire to extend Jamal Adams at any price anymore 

I voted get rid of Jamal. If Gases offense has its typical season he will get fired anyway.

Edited by GangGreen420

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Do I think Adams is an idiot for demanding a new contract absolutely no question about that. Do I think Gase alienates players and causes turmoil in the organization yes I do. If he was Bill Belichec then I would bite my tongue because he has shown that he is capable of a winning culture but this guy has done nothing in any organization other then in Denver because of Peyton Manning to warrant a HC job in the NFL and even an OC. His offense is atrocious, his mentality of thinking he is bigger then he is, and the issues that he creates should all be factors on why he should be let go as well as Adams. 

And Jets fans are refusing to see or admit this.

• Like 2