Alex Smith Cleared for Full Football Activity by His Doctors

HTTRDynasty

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

he has about 30 million reasons to keep playing. 

He's made enough money in his career.  He came in under the old rookie salary structure so he got a $50 million dollar deal as a rookie.  Seems like a smart dude so I'll be he's invested wisely. I don't understand how you can go under the knife that many times, almost lose a leg, and go back onto the field.  If he wants to be around the game, do it as a coach or analyst or broadcaster.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Seems like a smart dude so I'll be he's invested wisely. 

Graduated top of his class at Utah as a Jr, has a Bachelors in Economics and I think he was working on his Masters' during off-seasons...

So yes, I'd wager he's sitting on a literal ton of money. A metric ton of $100 bills is the foundation of his house.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

It would be malpractice to let this dude play, look at any picture of his leg and see how cobbled together it is from other bone and pieces of his leg.  If he plants wrong it could destabalize and bam, all the hard work he did to have full mobility is gone. Let alone the fact that he would be playing a full contact sport and taking hits

These were doctors outside of the WDC FC organization that cleared him, so I'm more optimistic that his leg is in good condition. 

I'd rather not see him chance it, but I don't think he's a walking injury waiting to happen out there. 

Big Alex Smith fan. Even if he never plays another down, which still seems the most likely, it's awesome to see him get back to this point when it seemed like he was closer to losing the leg than to just being able to walk for a while there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’ll help Haskins become a much better player. Guys a tough SOB. 

And really smart. Put up a 40 on the Wonderlic — which may not be the world’s best test of intelligence, but the fact that he scored higher than just about every QB in recent memory who started a significant number of games (except for Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Einstein of 3rd and 9 himself) gives you a rough idea that this is a pretty sharp dude. 

And also, by basically every account you’ll ever hear, just a genuinely damn good guy. I really hope they find a way to get him to transition to coaching or the front office in Washington. With a guy like him added to Snyder’s inner circle, along with Rivera, the culture might actually start to change for the Football Team.

• Like 1

The chances of Smith losing his leg now are very slim. I see no reason why so many people think he needs to retire to save himself. He’s rich, sure. But he worked his butt off I’m sure to get back to this point. Of course he wants to get out there again. He didn’t go through grueling rehabilitation just to retire. Does he have anything left? Idk, but people saying he needs to retire for his own sake are making it seem like this is a recurring injury. It was a bone break, which means the bones will return to normal strength. It will hurt him, but it won’t be any more injurable than it was pre-injury. And what destroyed his leg was an infection from the surgery. It’s not something that will happen again outside of insane fluke bad luck.