Alex Smith Cleared for Full Football Activity by His Doctors

HTTRDynasty

On 7/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Whatever Rivera decides will be a key metric in how he views the rebuild of the club. As well as his relationship to the owner.

Smith and Snyder are close, with Smith spending hone ganes last year in the owners box. Snyder has taken a ton of PR hits over the past two years since this injury happened. I could easily see him wanting Smith to start and generate some good headlines. 

FOX has Rivera stating Smith will have a chance to compete for the starting job....

https://www.nfl.com/news/rivera-says-alex-smith-could-factor-into-qb-equation-if-cleared

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

It should be considered a victory for Alex Smith to have gotten back to where he is in his recovery.  With this in mind, as well as all the money he has made over what has already been a long career, I'd like to see him ride off into the sunset, keep his health, and enjoy a great life for the next 50+ years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It should be considered a victory for Alex Smith to have gotten back to where he is in his recovery.  With this in mind, as well as all the money he has made over what has already been a long career, I'd like to see him ride off into the sunset, keep his health, and enjoy a great life for the next 50+ years.

With the way things are looking we might not even have a season. Would give Smith an extra year to get his body right if he's serious about playing again.

Are people sleeping on Smith? The Redskins were like 6-3 with him a couple seasons ago. Players can sometimes come back from previously unimaginable injuries now. And I think people underestimate how valuable not turning them ball over and being able to complete basic passes is. What it can do just for field position, time of possession, and avoiding negative changes in momentum. 

I’m not predicting a huge comeback, but if he can play I can see him QB’ing a 5-11 type team to 8-8 and an 11-5 type team to 11-5.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 11:12 PM, Aussie9er said:

They have to keep him on the roster his the best qb on the roster plus Washington could use all the great press they can get at the moment

He was the best QB on the roster when his leg didn't look like a piece of beef jerky 

I can't believe he is actually going to even attempt to do anything football related again.

I understand overcoming the mental challenge and having that satisfaction of playing again but there is a line where it's just flat out irresponsible to even attempt to do that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SInow/status/1294847236300517376

Is it me or does he still have a slight limp on that leg?

It could be the brace that makes it uncomfortable but yeah it looks like his leg is still stiff. 

I'm not a doctor but his leg will never be the same, I don't care what any fluff article has to say about it. But I am glad to see him walking around again with his family. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

Are people sleeping on Smith? The Redskins were like 6-3 with him a couple seasons ago. Players can sometimes come back from previously unimaginable injuries now. And I think people underestimate how valuable not turning them ball over and being able to complete basic passes is. What it can do just for field position, time of possession, and avoiding negative changes in momentum. 

I’m not predicting a huge comeback, but if he can play I can see him QB’ing a 5-11 type team to 8-8 and an 11-5 type team to 11-5.

Dude, his plant leg that was severely injured. Do you realize how much that is going to affect his mechanics and footwork? He never had the strongest arm as it is. Now imagine that now when he's struggling to put pressure on his back foot? 

I don't see anything wrong people doubting him at this point.  He shouldn't even be trying to play again for his sake (not gonna judge him tho). 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That was heart warming to see. I know logically they’re probably doing this in part for the PR, but I don’t care, his Dream was to end his career on his own terms and I’m not mad at that.

Sure he will never go down as a HOF, but as opposed to looking back on his football career only with the despair of how his life was forever changed by one moment he can still return and have a quality season or be involved with a playoff team and live those thrilling and exhilarating football memories with his team/family before he chooses to ride off into the sunset. Love it.

edit: Even if he’s cut for some reason and doesn’t leave on “his own terms” Per se he still would have gone down fighting and not allowed his injury to defeat his passions.

Edited by diamondbull424