Alex Smith cleared for return

Boggles my mind why guys who have this near fatal, close to amputee, injury cannot say, I need to focus on my family and be here for them. He ain't gonna be the difference maker in Washington and will never win a ring. 

Just ride off into the sunset, take your money, and go coach or be a broadcaster. Write a book. 

It's time for the young guy to get a full season of work and Smith will hinder any progress much like Kyle Allen has slightly done. 

Just go away. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

To "get his money " doesn't he have to make every effort to play ? Give him credit . He's a warrior. Not 1 in 10 could come this far .

Heck 1 in 10 can’t even make it into the NFL to begin with, let alone be the #1 pick and come back from this injury. He’s amazing.

That being said, I don’t want to see him take another snap other than a charity snap. I can not fathom him getting hit on that leg and watching it or even worse.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

I've got some good news for you all: if there is even the slightest hint of an actual QB controversy involving Alex Smith, you can go ahead and write the season off. It will free up your Sundays to do something more useful with your time. Like starting a belly button lint collection.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

I've got some good news for you all: if there is even the slightest hint of an actual QB controversy involving Alex Smith, you can go ahead and write the season off. It will free up your Sundays to do something more useful with your time. Like starting a belly button lint collection.

Wozy baby! How you be? I hope you’re enjoying your time not being a mod and having to coral ya crazy cats! 🐈  Haha 😂 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Wozy baby! How you be? I hope you’re enjoying your time not being a mod and having to coral ya crazy cats! 🐈  Haha 😂

It's been relatively calm and peaceful. Hope all is well with you and yours (and to everyone here as well).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

It's been relatively calm and peaceful. Hope all is well with you and yours (and to everyone here as well).

I’m good, working from home like I think most of us are on here. Been weird, mostly working out and chillin watching my shows... haha 😂 

3 hours ago, Woz said:

The NFL might do a good job of writing the season off for us instead.  

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The NFL might do a good job of writing the season off for us instead.  

I wonder if there is not season this year and next year Washington has the same roster they have now besides the draft bc they just hold everything in time would Rivera treat next offseaon as he did offseaon?

Will players get an accrued season if there isn’t even a season this year and be free agents next year if they’re on the last year of their contract?

If they are, I wonder if Rivera will treat next year as he did this off-season rebuild w/ young and/or cheap and have a rebuilding theme or will he spend on a few good to great free agents on both sides of the ball next year so we are likely to be a playoff contender if Haskins developed into at least an avg starter?

Thats what I wonder. Seems to me this year was a rebuilding year and an evaluation of young/inexperienced talent year and then next year Rivera wanted to keep who had earned a future with Washington and get rid of those who hadn’t given the effort Rivera wanted for his team and then those replaced with better free agents. Then, his Hope was that in 2021 that Washington was a playoff contender and to win from 7 to 9 games

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Im going into the season for Trevor Lawrence. And if we have controversy. Thats just fuel on the fire.