Alex Smith cleared for return

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Well if Alex Smith is the starter Gibson might break some rookie reception record out of the backfield. 

Or Logan Thomas... Smith’s first read his entire career was almost always his TE and a big reason for that was Vernon Davis & Travis Kelce were the best receiving options he had his entire career until the Chiefs drafted Tyreke Hill - who I pray Gibson or Steven Smith can develop into 1/2 the player Hill is. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well if Alex Smith is the starter Gibson might break some rookie reception record out of the backfield. 

I heard he has been doing upper body strength training while he was injured and now has the arm strength to throw to the line of scrimmage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Or Logan Thomas... Smith’s first read his entire career was almost always his TE and a big reason for that was Vernon Davis & Travis Kelce were the best receiving options he had his entire career until the Chiefs drafted Tyreke Hill - who I pray Gibson or Steven Smith can develop into 1/2 the player Hill is. 

We aren’t going to do this again. The guy has been ignoring receivers his entire career. It wasn’t because he didn’t have anybody to throw too. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We aren’t going to do this again. The guy has been ignoring receivers his entire career. It wasn’t because he didn’t have anybody to throw too. 

Then you shouldn’t have brought it up, if it was a throw away comment then it was unnecessary. You can’t get upset with people for reacting to your comment when they don’t agree with it. If you don’t want to talk about it, don’t say it. Jeez man

Lets be clear here, his first 2 or 3 years in the league his best Wide Receivers were Arnaz Battle & the very inconsistent but it’s true he’s talented Brandon Lloyd. Alex’s top receiving options his first 4 years Delanie Walker & Vernon Davis. Then, the 49ers drafted Crabtree - good, not great - he and Alex actually had a few good years together before Alex was traded to Kansas City where he had Dwayne Bowe and if you actually look at the stats Dwayne was thrown to a lot as was MacClin when Andy Reid signed him so yeah, I understand it’s fun to still poke fun at Alex for you - literally one of the points you made about him in this thread was that he ignored throwing to WRS - but it’s not actually true.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/16/2020 at 6:46 AM, turtle28 said:

Will players get an accrued season if there isn’t even a season this year and be free agents next year if they’re on the last year of their contract?

I suspect the players union will demand that the seasons accrue and contracts roll over. I could see the owners getting to avoid paying salaries, or perhaps rolling the 2020 year (and salary cap) into 2021.

If they are, I wonder if Rivera will treat next year as he did this off-season rebuild w/ young and/or cheap and have a rebuilding theme or will he spend on a few good to great free agents on both sides of the ball next year so we are likely to be a playoff contender if Haskins developed into at least an avg starter?

The cap is likely going down next year, so cheap rookies are going to be worth their weight in platinum.

Seems to me this year was a rebuilding year and an evaluation of young/inexperienced talent year and then next year Rivera wanted to keep who had earned a future with Washington and get rid of those who hadn’t given the effort Rivera wanted for his team and then those replaced with better free agents. Then, his Hope was that in 2021 that Washington was a playoff contender and to win from 7 to 9 games

Well, it was going to be this sort of year even if there wasn't a pandemic.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:44 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Im going into the season for Trevor Lawrence. And if we have controversy. Thats just fuel on the fire.

My first reaction was: WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU SAY THIS?!

Then I remembered I'm not a mod anymore and I don't have to care about things like that anymore. :D:D:D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Woz said:

My first reaction was: WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU SAY THIS?!

Then I remembered I'm not a mod anymore and I don't have to care about things like that anymore. :D:D:D

So what Im hearing. Is that if you were Indy you wouldnt have taken Manning or Luck.

We have scrubs and a cripple. If Im gonna dream. Im dreamin big. No.1 pick big.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So what Im hearing. Is that if you were Indy you wouldnt have taken Manning or Luck.

We have scrubs and a cripple. If Im gonna dream. Im dreamin big. No.1 pick big.

I'm assuming that if WFT is picking #1, they'll end up with the 2021 equivalent of Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

I say this with all honesty and not trying to pick on the guy ... but is it me or does his base look narrow on those throws?

It looks like it, I think it has something do do with his injured leg. The side by side of him and Kyle Allen throwing showed Allen with a wider base for their throws.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We got Tim Couch draft before last. Trevor is more a prospect in Lucks league.

There is absolutely no way of knowing yet if Haskins is the answer or not. Last year was a cluster for the organization. This year has been a cluster for the entire world, not only just the Washington football team. We should be proud of Haskins for listening to Rivera and dedicating himself to getting in better shape, learning and studying the offense and best he could and working hard throwing to teammates and even other WRs this offseason.

That being said, I don’t think we will be the worst team in the league or even the 2nd worse team in the league again but, if we are we have to consider taking Lawrence or Fields. Bc if we only win 1, 2 or 3 games this year it means that Haskins likely failed to be a good QB for us.

Edited by turtle28

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There is absolutely no reason of knowing yet if Haskins is the answer or not. Last year was a cluster for the organization. This year has been a cluster for the entire world, not only just the Washington football team. We should be proud of Haskins for listening to Rivera and dedicating himself to getting in better shape, learning and studying the offense and best he could and working hard throwing to teammates and even other WRs this offseason.

That being said, I don’t think we will be the worst team in the league or even the 2nd worse team in the league again but, if we are we have to consider taking Lawrence or Fields. Bc if we only win 1, 2 or 3 games this year it means that Haskins likely failed to be a good QB for us.

Please Explain why Haskins would solely be to blame if the Team is in that scenario? Say were picking at #3, your hoping for a QB to fall oppose to getting Sewell? 

I know we may disagree, I'm just tryna understand the way some are thinking.