Allbright: Trubisky To Be Named Starter

G08

Albright is legit.

It is floating around Twitter that some UNC coaches are coming to the game on Monday.

I am not normally a big Jeff Dickerson guy but he said it best on Kap and Company today.

'You just cannot start Mike Glennon and expect to keep the locker roo

I heard an interesting point from one of the radio shows today.

If you want to land one of the top candidates in the coaching search having tape on Trubisky is huge. Trubisky is going to be a big part of landing the next coach and I am sure he will want to see him.

If Trubisky progresses and plays well, the Bears would vault to the top of the vacancies.

Starting Glennon would have been suicidal.

I still think Fox is getting fired, but when your best defensive player and captain comes out and talks about important changes that means the locker room is turning. That is when things become a **** show and you never coach again.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If you want to land one of the top candidates in the coaching search having tape on Trubisky is huge. Trubisky is going to be a big part of landing the next coach and I am sure he will want to see him.

If Trubisky progresses and plays well, the Bears would vault to the top of the vacancies.

That's a great point! Landed the Rams McVay...

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Great point for sure-what coach wouldn't want to come here IF Mitch looks solid and shows potential. The best way to keep a job in the NFL is to have a good QB that doesn't get injured, unless of course you're Marvin Lewis. 

I'm really excited to see what this kid can do in this offense. I don't expect them to open it up right away, but keep in mind dudes that Mitch Trubisky made his hey by throwing to these WRs:

Ryan Switzer - 5'8.5" 181 lbs 4.51 dash

Bug Howard - 6'3 5/8" 221 lbs 4.58 dash

Austin Proehl - 5'11" 175 lbs 4.48 dash

Our dudes:

Markus Wheaton - 5'11" 189 lbs 4.45 dash

Kendall Wright - 5'10 2/8" 196 lbs 4.42 dash

Deonte Thompson - 5'11 6/8" 198 lbs 4.31 dash

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm really excited to see what this kid can do in this offense. I don't expect them to open it up right away, but keep in mind dudes that Mitch Trubisky made his hey by throwing to these WRs:

Ryan Switzer - 5'8.5" 181 lbs 4.51 dash

Bug Howard - 6'3 5/8" 221 lbs 4.58 dash

Austin Proehl - 5'11" 175 lbs 4.48 dash

Our dudes:

Markus Wheaton - 5'11" 189 lbs 4.45 dash

Kendall Wright - 5'10 2/8" 196 lbs 4.42 dash

Deonte Thompson - 5'11 6/8" 198 lbs 4.31 dash

He is going to transform the offense from terrible to mediocre. I hope they use him like Kyle Shannahan did with RG3-Roll outs, easy throws putting pressure on the defense with RPO.

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

He is going to transform the offense from terrible to mediocre. I hope they use him like Kyle Shannahan did with RG3-Roll outs, easy throws putting pressure on the defense with RPO.

I expect them to move the pocket, I think they'll do some read/option to keep defenses honest, but mostly I'm expecting this kid to make plays off-script and I think Tarik Cohen is going to explode.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

I expect them to move the pocket, I think they'll do some read/option to keep defenses honest, but mostly I'm expecting this kid to make plays off-script and I think Tarik Cohen is going to explode.

Plus the TEs, I think Mitch's accuracy will also help us as long as we keep him up right and moving.

Archived