Allbright: Trubisky To Be Named Starter

G08

Please be true. Automatically so excited about the Vikings game now. It makes so much sense, like Romo was saying last night this offence is crying out for some bootlegs and Mitch executed them so well in preseason. Come on Mitch! #newera

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

Very excited.  But its still an internet rumor at this point. 

side note.  We would have been better off with Jay Cutler.  Glennon is a disaster. 

They would have been  better off with Brian Hoyer. Lower salary, knew the offense, more effective to hold down the fort while Mitch developed and a better mentor than Glennon ever will be. 

The only thing the Glennon signing can ever be good for was in deceiving teams like the Browns in thinking that Bears wouldn't go after a QB in round 1.  If Trubisky develops into what we all want then the Glennon signing will all forgotten. 

I'm re-watching the game because I'm a masochist like that, after every Glennon gaffe (time out because offense didn't line up correctly, horrible INT that was over-thrown) he seemed to be getting more and more irate... I'm talking steam coming out of his ears. I have to think he's done with Glennon, Trubisky knows he's starting MNF in 10 days, and I'm praying the kid is burning through the tape with Loggains and working on installing a gameplan.

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean it's pretty much 4 games too late. He should have been starting week 1. 

Correct you are. While OL hasn't been stellar they have done well enough in pass sets to not have any dramatic David Carr career destruction, and overall have been in the positive IMO. Glennon offered us nothing but being cannon fodder to let get destroyed in case we had that kind of broken line.

Seemed like Fox thought Glennon would be the Alex Smith type QB. Few impact plays but consistent and rarely turned the ball over. Well Glennon surely hasn't had any POSITIVE impact plays, so he was kinda right.

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Correct you are. While OL hasn't been stellar they have done well enough in pass sets to not have any dramatic David Carr career destruction, and overall have been in the positive IMO. Glennon offered us nothing but being cannon fodder to let get destroyed in case we had that kind of broken line.

Seemed like Fox thought Glennon would be the Alex Smith type QB. Few impact plays but consistent and rarely turned the ball over. Well Glennon surely hasn't had any POSITIVE impact plays, so he was kinda right.

If Glennon was even Derek Anderson he'd probably still be starting. It's very clear that at least at this juncture of the season this isn't what Fox wants. Glennon has forced his hand, and even before that Trubisky forced himself into the #2 role right out of TC ahead of Sanchez. 

Speaking of Sanchez, if MT is indeed starting, am I alone in thinking that Sanchez should be the #2? I know Glennon is a captain and a nice guy and all, but once he's out he's gotta be OUUUUUUUUUUT. He was that bad. Sanchez isn't good by any stretch but at least he can move in the pocket and you can run the full playbook with him. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Glennon was even Derek Anderson he'd probably still be starting. It's very clear that at least at this juncture of the season this isn't what Fox wants. Glennon has forced his hand, and even before that Trubisky forced himself into the #2 role right out of TC ahead of Sanchez. 

Speaking of Sanchez, if MT is indeed starting, am I alone in thinking that Sanchez should be the #2? I know Glennon is a captain and a nice guy and all, but once he's out he's gotta be OUUUUUUUUUUT. He was that bad. Sanchez isn't good by any stretch but at least he can move in the pocket and you can run the full playbook with him. 

You're absolutely not alone. Of course the buttfumble will never be gone, but that was one play in a career that he has had a lot of bright spots.

Glennon could have the Pat's offense with Moss, Welker, Galloway, etc and would still not have a top 20 offense. Sanchez has a low ceiling at this point, but a higher floor then Trubisky.

Tim Tebow could have walked into Halas Hall in his Mets gear and been a better option than Glennon.

Archived